hunting trips

Discussion in 'Bowhunting forum' started by QDAWG44, Apr 9, 2007.

1. QDAWG44

QDAWG44 Junior Member

just curious how many guys go on hunting trips each year. Is it worth it, and how satisfied are you with your experience? Is there outfitters available to get a great buck and not spend "a great buck" (something less than $2,000 or $1,500) thanks boys

2. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

most of the time I think they are "you get what you pay for......."
    I dont feel myself that I can afford to spend 1500-3000 on a hunting trip.....
    I guess I am not a big enough trophy hunter at this point in my life.....

at this point I am satisfied w/the tiny little deer we have here.......:noidea:

but I would spend this much on archery equipment:doh: :noidea:

3. Wheely

Wheely Wheely Threads

I think just getting out and into the woods for a week is worth it, even if I don't kill anything. I miss it soooo much!!

4. Pinwheel1969

Pinwheel1969 #1 THREAD KILLER

If we get our draw this year. My bud and I are going to Iowa through Jiegermister outfitters. $1000.00 for a week plus dinners.

5. kbohunt

kbohunt are u a fat boy?

outfitters

Me & my son are going on 3 hunt's this year 2 in october 1 in november.
    3 week's in a row.
    1st / 2nd week oct.bucks,beware/pikecounty,ill.$2,000ea
    2nd/3rd week oct.private lease/won on e-bay/adams,county,ohio 600ac.farm/cabin/stands in place/archery only/140-class only/$500.fine for smaller.$950.00 up to 4 hunters,1 week.
    3rd/4th week oct/nov,brush creek outfitters,pebbles,county,ohio.5 tracks,2000ac.in three county's,1st hunter$900.00,2nd $800.00
    Licence fee in ohio out of state $129.00
    This is the first time i desided to go after a really big buck
    so i thought i would give myself the best shot possible for me & my son.
    I have never been on a hunt with an outfitter for deer only for hog's
    so believe me ive researched these outfitters & watched for a year before desideing.
    IF your interested in the brush-creek hunt contact me by pm,this is probably going to be the best one,2 more bowhunters can hunt with me & my son $800.00ea +$129.00 non-resident archery licence./supply your on food.:biggrin1:

6. QDAWG44

QDAWG44 Junior Member

hey kbohunt, I have heard of bucksbeware, you are sure to have a great opportunity there. I am curious about those other places in Ohio, make sure you jump on here and let us know how you did. Those places are not "break the bank" places and It will be interesting comparing the high profile place in ILL. to the others in Ohio. thanks

7. kbohunt

kbohunt are u a fat boy?

trip

I sure will,planning on takin several pic's & if eather of us get one,well everybody's gonna get tired of me talkin about it, My wife is allready tired of me talkin about it, & i havent left yet.:laugh:

8. I have never been on a guided hunt. I am in colorado where we have alot of public land available to hunt. but for mule deer or elk around here they are charging any where from 3500.00 and up. I do have a moose hunt booked for next year though.

9. killbambidead

killbambidead bambi killer

last october me, my uncle, my dad, and 2 of his buds went on a public land elk and mule deer hunt. $ 100 for each of my tags. $500 for each elk tag .. i think.. and 250 for each mulie tag. we had i think a grand in gas and the most expensive thing ... when we got out there the tranny went out in our suburban 2500 to get that pos fixed

10. kbohunt

kbohunt are u a fat boy?

moose hunt

I had planned a moose black-bear hunt for next year in maine.
    not very expensive,with WILSONS-on moosehead lake $1150.00 2 people cottage on the lake sound's like a great trip if your intrested.
    www.wilsonsonmooselake.com or call 207-695-2549 ask for scott or alison
    Im going next year,ive got 3 deer hunt's this year to deal with allready.:peace: