hurt arm need crossbow info

Discussion in 'Bowhunting forum' started by olman, Jul 14, 2006.

1. olman

olman Member

I live in Illinois & was looking for some info on what it takes to get into a crossbow for hunting as far as legaly. you see, i tore my tendon of my bicept off the bone at the elbow & i'll be out till nov. or dec. which is WHAT? missing prim time deer hunting!!! unless i can get into a crossbow so any insight will help, like a Dr. release or something . i know i can count on you good folks here this site. thank you. I hope this makes sense because my head is cloudy from pain meds:laugh:

2. Chris

Chris Administrator Staff Member

You will have to get a pass from your doctor and then send that to the DNR. I would get on it right away if you plan to hunt this fall.

Call the DNR in Sterling IL. They should be able to tell you what you need and where to send it.

3. olman

olman Member

hey, that was fast, thanks Chris! by the way thats all happened since I saw you & your wife in C.V. on the fourth of july

4. olman

olman Member

I found out that in order to qualify for a crossbow permit one needs to be permently disabled in the state of Illinois. thanks for your help everyone that responded.

5. Chris

Chris Administrator Staff Member

killbambidead,

No, these are illegal in Illinois.

6. killbambidead

killbambidead bambi killer