I am looking for a Hoyt dealer..

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by rdnkgrl_robinhood, Dec 11, 2006.

1. rdnkgrl_robinhood

rdnkgrl_robinhood Senior Member

Hey there everybody.. I am looking for a Hoyt dealer.. There only seems to be one in my area and he is really really busy.. Maybe too busy for me.. So.. I am looking for another dealer..I know I am going to buy a Hoyt but the question is which one.

If we have any Hoyt dealers on this web site please PM me so we can talk specs then cost.

Thank you,

Rdnkgrl

2. ib4hoyt

ib4hoyt Riff Raff

Man i thought i just answered this ? I must be losing my mind....

Go to hoyt.com......look for dealer finder........punch in your zip.......

momma told me my mind would go one day:noidea:

3. rdnkgrl_robinhood

I think you did answer once.. On AT.. :) I posted in both places:)
    Thanks I found like six dealers.. At least three I know exactly where they are, just didnt know they were Hoyt dealers.
    Once again, Thanx
    rdnkgrl

4. Hkdfrlife

Hkdfrlife Senior Member

Hoyt Dealers

I live in Bloomfield IN, and we have an exellent Hoyt dealer about 5 miles east of town on HWY 54. The Archers Spot is an indoor shooting facility and pro shop of the highest quality. Not only that, but the folks that run it are super. It may be a long drive for you, but it well may be worth it. If you go, ask for Tom and tell em Dale sent ya. Hope this helps

5. BowhuntnHoosier

BowhuntnHoosier Bisquit.......

Lonesome Elk north of Terre Haute
    Archers Spot east of Bloomfield
    Buckskin Legacy south of Marshall

6. Chris

Chris Administrator Staff Member

Hoyt dealerships are a protected area. You normally will not have more than one within 30 miles of each other.

7. rdnkgrl_robinhood

Thank you guys!! Very helpful info. Found a couple shops.. Talked to Lonesome Elk, Trotters, and looking for the number for the one in Bloomfield.. I want to price around to get the best deal..

:)

rdnkgrl

8. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

hope you have better luck w/ the hoyt deallers in your area than I do with the three within 25 miles of each other......NY must not have have the same protected areas.....

9. bullspotter

bullspotter Senior Member

We have 2 hoyt dealers here within 25 miles of each other, they wont allow a third here in town though, one of the dealers is a sporing goods store and the other is a bow shop, The bow shop is hands down the better place to go, they know more about bows cause thats for the most part what they deal with! But the bow shop is a little higher priced, The sporting goods store here is a joke when it comes to helping with spicific bow related things..... I would pay extra to get people who you can trust and know what their doing... the bow shop we have here is awsom!!!

10. rdnkgrl_robinhood

Well now dont get me wrong.. I really like my closest local Hoyt dealer.. He is by far one the most experienced Bow men I have known.. But I know he is really busy.. I try not to bug him too much.. :) Just looking around at different prices, different places, and different bows to try to get a feel for what want and what I want to spend..

11. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

do what I do ask the guy if you can help out around the shop...sweep the floor....make arrows.....straighten shelves all the stuff they dont have time for when they are busy..... and stuff and they will get to you alot faster......

12. bullspotter

bullspotter Senior Member

I have to say, that if i was at a shop and looking at new bows, and the guys their were to busy sweeping the floor to help me spend my $$$ well thats their bad.... as a bussiness owner...sorta... myself, my customers come first, House keeping can be done after hours. thats just my opinion, i know its not always like this, some places are just busy and you also need to be paitent. But if Im looking at something some place, and the person helping me gets pissy like im bothering him/or her, ill just simply put the item back and say sorry for bothering you ill go somewhare else..... that gives them a attitude adjustment.... Thats one reason why i love my local bow shop, I know everyone that works their , i spend a lot of $$ their, and 99% of the time, unless their with anouther customer, they will pretty much drop what their doing to help me, and thats why I go their!!! And i do help them out sometimes with samll things, like setting up 3d targets and taking them down, cleaning up garbage in the shooting area, stuff like that....

13. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

Every little bit helps......but my point may have been missed.....You have to stick out in the crowd.....go the extra mile.....at my normal job we have some guys that come in all the time and dont buy much but they are glad to lend a hand when needed.....and guess what when they need something you help them out.....
    I cant stand the guys that spend a bunch of money and then act as though you are below them and you should worship the ground they walk on....you know what...have a nice day pal......

14. ib4hoyt

ib4hoyt Riff Raff

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

15. BowhuntnHoosier

BowhuntnHoosier Bisquit.......

I don't want to be left out:hug: :hug:

Never had much luck at Trotters they seem to think they are too good for my money.

Lonesome ElK is pretty nice but I wish they had an indoor range.

The one in Bloomfield is Archers Spot and the number is 812-384-8000.

You may want to check out Buckskin Legacy they usually have pretty good prices the owners name is Bob Rayhel his number is 618-563-4648.

16. rdnkgrl_robinhood

Yeah I wasnt thrilled with Trotters.. I mean it was ok.. but that was about it.. I like Lonesome Elk.. But youre right.. a range would be nice.. I made a note of those numbers.. I will have to give them a call :) thanx