I gave those deer something they never saw b4 yesterday, THATS RIGHT

Discussion in 'Bowhunting forum' started by Southernfryedyankee, Oct 12, 2007.

1. Southernfryedyankee

Southernfryedyankee Senior Member

Front row seats to the Americas worst hunter videos. :frusty: So it starts with I wake up at 6am to get into my stand that I mounted the night prior. I get over there get ALLL the way up my whole 20 feet when I drop my ratchet strap ALLLLLLLLL THE WAY DOWN. OK so I climb down get my strap and strap my seat part of the stand to the tree, LOUD, NOISY just a PITA all together. THEN as if the first part wasnt bad enough I decided not to climg up that high again, I get everything situated I am seated I turn around to put the utility hook in the tree and SSSSSSSSSLIP there goes my bow str8 to the ground :frusty: I check my bow pull it back NO creaks, no cracks, no damage to the sight. I think my limbsaver s-coil hit the ground first THANK GOD. WELL after a few hours I decide to move to another tree. I go get situated Im up about 20-25 feet when HMMMMM where is my release? Im looking, looking pockets, harness, shirt, Im like WTH and low and behold there it is, SO pretty SO necessary, SOOOOO 30 yards away and 25 ft down :frusty: I saw nothing except 10000000 squirrels and a red robin that forgot how to fly and fell 100ft AT LEAST hit the ground, stood up and flew away. The ONLY highlight of my day was when a hawk or falcon some kind of bird of prey landed in the tree next to me. It was INCREDIBLE, it stood about1.5-2' tall but it definitly wasnt a turkey vulture. It was intense and amazing. Beautiful animal. After a few hours I started noddin out in the tree, catchin myself as my head hits stand. After all that it was time to get down.:doh:

2. jcmorgan31

jcmorgan31 Prodigal Son

I'm jealous of the deer that got to see all of this.... Sounded like a hoot!!:lol:

3. tnts79

tnts79 Senior Member

I thought my day was bad... I sat for 13 hours yesterday and saw 5 deer, only one of which I had a shot at. I could have let the air out of a button buck for all of about 20 minutes, I was sure the other does would come in right behind him, but they just stood around feeding on acorns and waited for the little guy to come back to where they were before heading west, into the wind that day.:noidea: First couple weeks of october always sucks!

4. firechic

firechic IKE refugee... hehe

Maybe a back pack would help???? and alot of tie off rope??? :bowl: :D

5. tnts79

tnts79 Senior Member

I've had a couple 50 yard offerings for does, just haven't taken a poke yet. I may next time, I am confident at 50 yards and I have my rangefinder so..... mabey that will be the case next time out. I will be going either tonight or tomorrow/and sunday morning????:noidea:

6. Cablegaurd21

Cablegaurd21 Senior Member

You did have a bad night, I would have given up after I dropped my bow. There would be something telling me it's just time to go home. better luck next time man!

7. Wheely

Wheely Wheely Threads

I'm sorry, but :lol: :pound: :lol: ,that was funny just thinking about it. Hope your next trip goes a lot better :hug:

8. Ronhop

Ronhop RIP

Most of us have those days... You just need to take it in stride and laugh at yourself about it.

Ron

9. Werd

Werd Senior Member

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

10. MoSkeeter0311

MoSkeeter0311 New Member

That would have been Budweiser time for me.

11. Radar

Radar Story of my life

:laugh: :lol: :biggrin1: Man that sounds like a bad day alright.......but look at it this way you have one hilarious story to tell for some time now......that is if you could laugh it off.

12. MOBuzzCut

MOBuzzCut Member

Bad Day

I would have went home after my bow fell and made me a stiff drink maybe whisky straight up