I got Whipped!

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by Jay Are, Jun 24, 2007.

1. Jay Are

Jay Are Junior Member

So Lucas (Dredly) and I went to Bucks County in Doylestown to shoot some 3D and I got my @$$ whipped! Today I shot the worst I have shot in 3 years and almost ran out of bullets!!!! The first miss - I should have never have pulled the trigger since I wasn’t anchored properly and the other 2 misses were just bad yardage judgment on my part.:frusty:

The course was a little hairy and we spent more time trying not to shoot other archers and not getting lost than shooting foam!

2. Jay Are

Jay Are Junior Member

3. Jay Are

Jay Are Junior Member

Dredly using my arrow to his advantage to get into the 10 ring.

View attachment 2390

One of the fustrating things on this course was that they don't know how to trim to make clear shooting lanes...
    View attachment 2391

4. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

oh man I hope you got more pics......

I almost came to this shoot, but 3.5 hours would have been rough.....

you let Dredly whip you butt???

5. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

boy if you like clear shooting lanes you better never shoot at some of the courses up here......

I would like to add that these are some awsome pics....what camera are you using???

6. Jay Are

Jay Are Junior Member

7. Jay Are

Jay Are Junior Member

I was using Canon PowerShot A520

8. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

anyway.....nice shooting guys......Dredly way to use all surroundings to your advantage..........:rockon: :rockon:

9. Scottyluck

Scottyluck Member

Looks like fun. I love the courses where there is junk in the way. Just adds another factor.:rockon:

10. MO.HICK

MO.HICK Senior Member

I finally got most of my yardages right today and shot the best that I have shot all year. I have had more problems with yardages this year than I have had for the last three years.

Mo.Hick

11. BowhuntnHoosier

BowhuntnHoosier Bisquit.......

Awesome pics there Jay Are. I think you are right about the course being setup for leftys.

12. Sniper

Sniper Senior Member

So they have trouble keeping lanes open? Sounds like thier field captain needs some help. When I shot there, "Doc" was setting up the whole course by himself from 5 AM on. I expect he couldn't set them up the night before due to fear of theft or damage.
    Maybe Bowman will come to Limerick next week and beat you too.
    Did the "Horsefly" follow you again?

Last edited: Jun 24, 2007
  13. J.A.G.

J.A.G. Senior Member

looks like fun.. i like it when things are "junky".. all those shots are very do-able. Ya'll need to come down here some time and i'll show you how.

14. Dredly

Dredly Site Guru

In Walt's (Jay Are's) defense I did make him shoot first so when he missed I based my yardage off him...

the absolute best was that deer laying down in the weeds. he shot first and caught the corner of the insert and pushed it in about 1/2 an inch. I shot and cut the top of the 8 line... it would have been a 5 if he hadn't move the insert :rockon:

15. mdewitt71

mdewitt71 Senior Member

Cool pics.............First time I have saw that "Southpaw" Dredly's mug. :biggrin1:

16. Dredly

Dredly Site Guru

I'm amazed... all these people posted and noone commented on my DL being about 1/2 an inch to long in the treestand picture... :noidea:

17. Ronhop

Ronhop RIP

Everyone most likely got up on the right side of the bed the past couple of days. Don't get used to it...:laugh:

Ron

18. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

it looks like about 3 inches too long but your a big dude and wouldnt want to piss you off....:biggrin1: :biggrin1:

19. Dredly

Dredly Site Guru

hahaha yeah I should be shooting a 27" draw haha. Then I'd be able to shoot the same size arrow as you! :laugh:

20. J.A.G.

J.A.G. Senior Member

i saw that.. but i was mostly looking at your top limb and thinking it was looking like that new PSE speed bow??