I have a new problem

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by QSA, Jul 13, 2007.

1. QSA

QSA One eyed/Gutless wonder

I want to see if anyone here had this problem or can help fix it.
    The past 3 weeks at 3 spot I draw back, let the bow settle, the take aim, start the shot, then on release I feel like the bow is rising on release or dropping my release arm just before I fire. All arrows are hitting high. Before the shot I can hit tacks with this bow. Every time before we start I check to see if it is sighted in. I can hit most of the roofing tacks we hang the targets with. Any help would be great. Or is this target panic?

2. Holy Smokes

Holy Smokes Senior Member

sure has tha smell of tp. keep yore focus on tha form or in tha mind not at tha bow or target hope it gives ya a startin point

3. pink camo

pink camo Senior Member

Sounds like tp to me....you could try what Hook did. He shot with his eyes closed from less than 10 yards for a couple weeks. I think it helped. :noidea:

4. joker

joker Member

Raise your nocking point down a little. Draw the bow back with 3 fingers using your middle where your arrow is nocked and the other two fingers one above and one below. When you have it drawn back with your middle finger switch the weight on the string to your index finger which is above your original nocking point now and watch what the bow does then switch the weight to your ring finger and watch what the bow does. You might to set the arrow up nock low on your string to help level out your bow. I hope this works and i hope i understood your question correctly and help solve your problem.

5. BowhuntnHoosier

BowhuntnHoosier Bisquit.......

Sounds like it could be a bit of gold shy. Blind bale for a week then start shootin at a target from 10 yards and do not think about anything except the target. Just let the release go off. I'm getting my TP back also.:Cry:

6. Sniper

Sniper Senior Member

Sounds like anticipation of the shot. If using back tension, try shortening the draw. If a trigger, try lightening it up a bit, or adjust the position of your finger on the trigger to somewhere else, like the tip of the trigger.
    Stay hydrated, and take a salt tablet. We get stupid when we get dry.

7. QSA

Beleave me the bow is tune to almost perfection. But I understand what you are talking about joker. I switched from a bowtech to a pro elite. The score did not drop for 3 or 4 weeks. Then boom
    I have tryed 3 or 4 releases ( thumbe trigger) The one I use is going off to TB for repairs

8. joker

joker Member

New strings? Factory strings?

9. QSA

Buck nasty, They are steled in.

10. joker

joker Member

ancor point stay the same?

11. joker

joker Member

just trying to narrow it down

12. QSA

Yes and good forum I think.

13. Holy Smokes

Man that guys got graet from if he can shot with them eyes closed and hit tha 10 ring. :biggrin1:

14. QSA

Here is a funny thing also. I posted this here and on AT at the same time. Trying to get ideas to try. I have 1 post there and that is from someone I was talking to last night.
    Here everyone jumps in to help. Now where is Archers helping Archers

15. Holy Smokes

Joker now thats clear as mud ta this ol hillbilly

16. QSA

Try it smokes, it is funny. I had a guy a while ago tell my oldest girl to draw, get set in and just before you release close both your eyes. I did it and 3 X's at 20 yards in a 3 spot vegas

17. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

give it time, we will hyjack it at some point......:biggrin1:

18. QSA

It almost feels like the bow is shooting to slow

19. joker

joker Member

cam 1/2 or spirals? 2000 or 3000 limbs?

20. Holy Smokes

Man i'd have em in tha pond.