I just have to

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by Radar, Feb 24, 2007.

1. Radar

Radar Story of my life

I wasnt gonna say anything because it has nothing to do with this site but I have to vent! I was on AT and saw that a guy(psekid2006) had a hoyt Proelite that he wanted to trade for a protec or an ultratec. So I pm'ed him and told him about my Ultratec and I sent him pics and he said he did'nt have a digital camera so he could'nt send me any of the pro. I realize not everyone has a camera so I went ahead and we worked out a deal to ship next day. That was on Tues. I had sent the bow off and gave him a tracking number and when he responded that he shipped it but because the time of the day that he got to the post office they could'nt garauntee that it would be here on Weds. and.......no tracking number! So I asked him for a tracking number and he said that since we used USPS that he did'nt get one. I told him where to find it on his papers from the post office. The next pm I get from him says that he got the bow and that I was getting the better end of the deal, that the limbs were "Hammered" so I wrote him back and told him that the only marks on the limbs were from a Propod and that there was nothing wrong with the bow. I sent him another pm saying that if he is unhappy with it we could trade back. Later that night he writes back saying no he would keep the bow because its the "Fastest" bow he had ever shot. This was all on Weds. So Thurs. comes NO BOW.......Friday comes NO BOW. I can't get a hold of him I got the Mods. looking into it and Recordkeeper had forwarded it to another mod who handles this kind of stuff. I did find out that he just turned 19 yesterday.....Little punk! I really want to go out to PA. and give him an IL. a s s whoopin.

Again I apologize for ranting about this on here but I just had to vent to GOOD people.

2. Ronhop

Ronhop RIP

Man, that stinks...
    I would never do an outright trade like that. I just don't trust people.
    I did sell a couple of things through this site and it was a very good experience.

Good luck in getting this resolved.

Ron

3. Radar

Radar Story of my life

I have traded before and I have bought I guess I just got lucky all those times. I will be the first to say I AM AN IDIOT I guess I am just too trusting of people:doh:

4. Ronhop

Ronhop RIP

Your not an idiot. The punk who is ripping you off is the idiot. Find him and beat him with a rubber hose...
    :laugh:

Ron

5. Radar

Radar Story of my life

:laugh: Believe me I thought about it! I will go through the proper channels first. I was real close to jumping in the truck and taking a road trip yesterday, but I am starting a new job on Monday and I don't want to miss it cause I am in jail in PA.:doh:

Plus the wifey kinda cooled me down alittle bit

6. Dredly

Dredly Site Guru

stupid punks. I'm sure Bellows will work on it though... he is 5+ hours away from me so I kind of doubt anyone around here knows anything about him. Sorry man.

he'll come through I hope

As for the Pics... if I don't see a pic of a high priced item I don't even consider buying it. I know people can't always afford digi-cams but just about everyone has a cell phone camera. I don't buy that excuse.

good luck

7. Radar

Radar Story of my life

Ya I have thought about that seeing how this situation is all I have thought about all week. Thinking back on it there are alot of things I would have done differently. I guess that is why they say hindsight is 20/20:doh:

8. Holy Smokes

Holy Smokes Senior Member

over ripe bannanas in a piller(Hillbilly for pillow)slip will leave no marks. Although i have never setteled anything this way. It sure ain't gonna get the bow back.
    Try someone in his town getting a local lawyer to send him a mean letter.. maybe some online stuff now. Stating your legal intents, a civil warrant will do the same be sure that you get restitution thru the court not personeally. HS

9. Radar

Radar Story of my life

Ya I know thats what I meant when I said I am gonna go through the proper Channels to get this done. One of my friends said he would go out there with me to keep me company and when we get there go to the local police station and get the police to go ove to his house with us. I am gonna try to get some stuff done from here though before I drive 8 hrs. and find out they can't do anything about it

10. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

this really sucks......I wish there was something I could do for yeah.....hey dredly how about we all get together and lay the smackdown on him...teach him he cant get away w/something like this.....

11. Radar

Radar Story of my life

Thanks for the support guys, I am about to go to Chris's shop to get my trykon xl set back up for target so at least I can still shoot

12. Radar

Radar Story of my life

It Came!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Today the bow arrived. I Guess I may have flipped out about it but he was not responding and it was'nt here. So everything is ok:amen:

13. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

sounds like its time for a public apoligy to this poor young man.....I mean heck dredly almost went and beat this kid up......you should be thankful that we will be able to forgive you in a resonable amount of time.....2 or 3 years and i might be ready.......:hug:

hey we all make mistakes......just tell the kid your sorry and start a new thread...dont worry no trains are comming yet.....:biggrin1:

14. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

so are you going to change your signature???

15. Dredly

Dredly Site Guru

Personally I would have gotten upset as well, don't worry :)

1. two items shipped at the same time should arrive within a day of each other

2. Constant communication throughout the deal is a must.

3. If he didn't get a USPS tracking number then he didn't send it insured. Which means if anything happened in transit you were stuck with paying for everything because he didn't insure

4. While its good he sent the bow he didn't ship it until Thursday (if that) It should never take more then 2 days to get from western PA to IL. at MOST 3 days which would mean he shipped it after hours on Wednesday

Overall I would leave negative feedback on this guy without a doubt and also contact Bellows1 to register the complaint with him.

16. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

I think you need a hug......:hug:

17. BowhuntnHoosier

BowhuntnHoosier Bisquit.......

I am very glad things worked out ok for you Radar. I would have been a little upset also. Sure glad the Dynamic Duo(Bowman and Dredly) did'nt have to take care of business.:laugh: Just a little eye opener for us all, we can all be a little more careful.

Now for the important stuff..........you have a different bow and a digital camera so whats going on set it up and show us.............PLEASE.:peace:

18. Wheely

Wheely Wheely Threads

Glad to hear it all worked out for you. That makes me so mad to hear people ripping others off. I recently read another story similar.

Not to hijack or anything, but would it be to difficult to have a middleman. Like a bowshop or someone trustworthy that people sent the items to to be traded or bought, when the one person recieves both, they then ship them to the new owners. If they don't recieve both in a certain amount of time, they could send it back to the original owner. I am sure it would cost more for shipping, but it may be worth it so people aren't being scammed for money or equiptment.:noidea:

19. bullspotter

bullspotter Senior Member

ummm #1 is not always true here, some towns have better shipping then others, Town A might get their stuff out right away, and town B might not have as good of resources and it gets held up, I buy and sell alot of stuff over the net, On one occasion i sold some sprint car wheels, had 2 boxes, to the same cust, dropped them off at the same time, and they arrived 3 days apart, Had traking info. I figure they just didnt get on the same truck out of town. and got held up, or routed different, and heres a good one, some shipping companys dont deliver to every town in the us, Ive seen stuff from ups and airborn that cannot be deliverd, so they transfer carriers 1/2 way.... so you send something to ABC town, by ups, but they dont deliver their, they will rout it to the closest town, then sent it usps from their. I service equipmet at a mail house and this is very commen.

20. Radar

Radar Story of my life

I apologized half heartidly in a pm but he still has not responded. And like Dredly said communication is a MUST in my book. I know for a fact that he did not ship it insured because the box was just left on my porch. If it was insured I would have had to sign for it, at least thats what the post office hear told me. All is well now though, I will post pictures in a different thread so this one can die. I am playing around with different stab. setups now trying to find the right ones. Man I got too much crap, if I only had a couple it would be alot easier to get set on one thing. But I keep shooting with different combos trying to findthe right ones

Yes bowman I will change my sig.:peace: