I know, I know

Discussion in 'Bowhunting forum' started by scottg, Mar 7, 2008.

1. scottg

scottg Huntin Junkie

This buck was bow hunted this year with no luck. 6 days after my oldest sone killed is first buck ever, a 150 lb-6pt. This one came out in a clear cut about 300 yds from him and walked right to the stand, within 50 yards. It was a gun kill, I know. But I am still proud of him for taking his time and letting him get as close as he did before taking the shot. The strange part is the trail cam pic was taken over 2 miles away and with a pretty good river between the trail cam and where he was killed.

7pt, 210lbs, 17 1/2" inside spread, 5 3/4" bases.

2. MichiganHunter

MichiganHunter Senior Member

3. trussoni

trussoni Ninja Fighting Fool

nice deer congratulations its always great to see a kid get one

4. nice deer, congrats:thumb:

5. scottg

scottg Huntin Junkie

I was proud of him for his first good buck. Where we live in Louisiana, that is a very good deer. His only problem now is that he has to go up. LOL. Both of my boys hunted hard this year. My daughter went a few times with me. She shot a doe, but we were unable to find her. I hope that she keeps the intrest up and goes again this year.

6. J.C.

J.C. New Member

those are great looking deer. congrats to your son.

7. bullfiddle

bullfiddle Movin on up!!!

Nice Buck congrats to your boy...:peace:

8. kbohunt

kbohunt are u a fat boy?

Ha Scottg

You keep takin them kid's in the woods and there gonna kill all your deer:frusty:
    You aint gonna have nothin to shoot at:frusty:

J/J bud, i would be proud too, keepem huntin:peace:

9. scottg

scottg Huntin Junkie

I hunt because I love to be in the woods, I let the kids fill the freezer.:laugh:
    My two boys put a little over 300 lbs of meat in the freezer this year. I love to see the smile on their face when they have a good hunt.

10. Holy Smokes

Holy Smokes Senior Member

them deers had better watch out fer this young fellar. he's gonna amke em' live ruff.:biggrin1: :cool:

11. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

I love gun hunting as much as bow hunting......we are all in this together.....

the archery elitests need to stop there bashing and think of the sportsman:peace:

12. scottg

scottg Huntin Junkie

I agree Bunnyman. Bow season just gets us in the woods a little more. I had to work most of Bow season this year, so I did not get to go much. I am just so glad that my kids love the woods and would rather be there than on the street. That, to me is worth every penny that it cost.

13. JC-XT

JC-XT Treestander

You should be very proud, with no reservations about it being a gun kill or a bow kill. We're all hunters, and it doesn't make any sense to me why some people think they are better because they use a bow.

It reminds me of the loudmouth guy in the bar who always wants to put down the kind of beer you drink because it isn't as expensive or imported like the rat pee he's drinking.

If you're going to be loud and obnoxious in a bar then you'd better get used to drinking alone. If you're going to be an elitist archery snob then you'd better get used to hunting alone. Going through life as the founder and president of the USCC (Unjustified Superiority Complex Club) isn't exactly something to be proud of.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2008
  14. scottg

scottg Huntin Junkie

I could have killed a 190 class deer and not been as happy as I was for my son getting his first wall hanging buck. Both of my sons have become quite some hunters. A good friend of mine (the president of our club) told me that he was very proud of the kill. Telling me that most would have taken a shot at that deer when he was 300 yds out. David just waited and made a good shot. Deer went 10 yds and crashed. Drove the truck right to him.

I just seems funny to me that not long ago some friends took my boys to Alabama hunting and David killed is first doe. I can only wish that I was in the stand when they killed thier first deer. I missed that part, but I love the fact that they are hunters and not thugs on the street.