I Missed Another One I Missed Another One

Discussion in 'Bowhunting forum' started by Werd, Oct 15, 2007.

1. Werd

Werd Senior Member

:mad: 30 yards. Pinned down. Nowhere to go. Draw back. Puts head down to eat. I center up. Make sure shots good. Pull Trigger. Arrows got her name on it. She ducks it. Mr.Drew is very pissed. :mad:

2. D Harvey

D Harvey Member

Look at the bright side, you get to hunt some more!:biggrin1:

3. Werd

Werd Senior Member

TRUE..lets look at the down side. I got sum mad dull rages :D

4. pilot

pilot Senior Member

I've missed two already myself.....:D

One jumped the string and the other i just flat out shot over her back. At this rate i'll be bummin my venison off my brother this year. :lol:

5. tnts79

tnts79 Senior Member

Mabey you should look into quieting your bow down!

6. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

I am thinking he need to learn how to aim for the heart......:noidea:

7. J.C.

J.C. New Member

30 yds is a pretty long shot. I try to set my stands so I'm shooting under twenty.

8. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

I agree.....get close and personal.......

9. tnts79

tnts79 Senior Member

I shot a doe at 35 and she tried to duck but it still caught her, I aimed a little lower than usual due to the fact she caught me when I drew back. I don't know if it was the movement she caught or the slight noise of my arrow sliding through my WB. Either way, she took the arrow right below her shoulder blade, directly above her, I guess it would be her elbow joint, and then it some how deflected downward through the center of her brisket. I got the front of one lung and the heart, don't ask me how..:noidea: My arrow made a left downward turn and I still got a pass thru..... When I shot she kind of flinched and turned towards me, then when the arrow made contact she turned away from me and ran about 30 yards before going down.

10. Hook Em

Hook Em Slippy for President

Did you shoot JFK with that arrow :noidea:

11. tnts79

tnts79 Senior Member

I thought if anything the shot looked low....the lumenok decieved me!

12. Shaman

Shaman Senior Member

I put out branches stuck in the ground at 20 and 30 yards in my shooting lanes or in half moon if shooting into a field.
    You would be surprised at how unnatural and easy to pick out at dusk and dawn several branches sticking out of the ground can be.
    Depending on where they are in between I adjust accordingly.
    Seems to work out ok.

As for the WB, since switching to the WB 2 years ago, my brother and I have taken a few deer and turkey, all at less than 25 yards and none have reacted to the draw. I'm a fan.

13. tnts79

tnts79 Senior Member

I have shot mine for 2 years, I just think a QAD will be an upgrade for my setup next season!

14. Shaman

Shaman Senior Member

QAD would be my only choice for a drop away as it allows you to let down, something necessary when stalking.

15. j3dGuam

j3dGuam Senior Member

:biggrin1: AIM LOW

16. red44

red44 Senior Member

Time to put up a stand at home. Are you not bending at the waist? Healing the bow? Stop missing and find out whats going on.

17. IChim2

IChim2 IChim2 and he's a shooter

Aim where the white/brown meet...:biggrin1:

18. Werd

Werd Senior Member

i hunt edges of fields. i had marked out 30 all the way around me. she stepped right into it and im like well your dead. and then i shot and flump right over her back. im like wtf. i didnt even have my quiver on either.

19. OA3D

OA3D Member

especially on an alert deer

loser is better yes, but 30 yards aint that outta range by any means if your comfy there