i need advice on my first bowhunt

Discussion in 'Bowhunting forum' started by bowhunter21, Dec 27, 2007.

1. bowhunter21

bowhunter21 Junior Member

im going bowhunting for coyotes and i am going to be using my 45 poundage micro midas 2 and easton fall stalker arreows with rockymountain premire broadheads and a realeas and an electric call

2. bullfiddle

bullfiddle Movin on up!!!

Good luck....:thumb: Coyotes are tough to kill with a rifle and a bow is gonna be a big challenge for your first bow hunt. The main thing is keep at it and you will score. Try to figure out where you think the Coyote is gonna come in from and keep the wind in your face. Coyotes have good noses and if they smell you they aren't going to come in to ya.

3. Colo_Lee

Colo_Lee Senior Member

set up down wind of your caller 50 or yards from it or as far from it as your caller will let you, you want to be between the call and where the yote will come in at most will circle down wind so a blind and a cover sent is a must I use fox urine yotes hate foxes use a decoy doesn't have to be fancy pheasant duck pigeon wing above the call tie it on a stick above the call just above the cover so the wind will move it
    young and dumb yotes will come straight in to the call until they get educated but most will circle down wind and sneak in and set and watch with their nose in the air trying to find out what is going on thats why you set up from the call so when they hang up out there you should be close enough for a shot

4. bowhunter21

bowhunter21 Junior Member

thanks for all the advice

most likley ill get one a guy was out were i will be hunting and got one in 20 minutes wish me luck:wave: