i need some EXPERT advice/reasons!

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by Hoyt1986, Jan 15, 2008.

1. Hoyt1986

Hoyt1986 GIT R-DONE!!!!!!

I just bought a little goose deluxe by scott and i was originally using a cobra release. My question is I was shooting today with my new release and i was not consistant with my shots! Here is what i noticed when shooting:
    1.) My peep sight was too low with the new release, so i moved it up a hair.
    2.) I am shooting to the right about 2" at 20 yrds.

What is my problem???? Am i just not use to it yet or what?????? I am kinduv gettn agrivated! Any advice to solve this situation would be appriciated!

2. brokenarrow

brokenarrow Evil Genius

I had a similar problem when I went from a wriststrap to a thumb release...

I just had to get used to it...is the release tension similar to the cobra?

3. Hoyt1986

Somewhat yes........so when u had the problem did it correct itself over time or did you have to correct it? Should i be worried about it?

4. QSA

QSA One eyed/Gutless wonder

I have a Tru Ball wrist release and there ST360. I can switch one for the other with out changing any thing. It maybe the way you hold the wrist release compared to the other one. Over the years I have notice people putting there thumb on the back of there neck with a wrist release. Is this what you do? If so you can not do that with a T handle. How are you anchoring?

5. bullfiddle

bullfiddle Movin on up!!!

Are you consistanly shooting to the right at 20 yards? if you are move your sight pin to the right. You are obviously not anchoring quite the same with the new release because you had to move your peep sight. I have not seen to many release that you can swap back and forth and get the same point of impact. If the arrows are flying ok and it's consistant move your sight pin. If your arrows are going all over the place I would say your punching the trigger...:noidea:

6. brokenarrow

brokenarrow Evil Genius

It corrected itself with practice...

7. BowhuntnHoosier

BowhuntnHoosier Bisquit.......

Yep...it sounds like you have moved your anchor with the new release. Just practice and anchor in the same place consistently and all should be good.:rockon:

8. Hoyt1986