I need your opinions

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by bullfiddle, Jan 1, 2008.

1. bullfiddle

bullfiddle Movin on up!!!

I was reading a thread in another Archery forum the other day and I would like to see what you guys think about this subject. I am pretty positive that most everyone that posts here has bought some type of Archery equipment online...:noidea:

When a manufacturer says that you cannot sell a product online and they can only be sold at an authorized proshop what options do our friends who live in rural areas of the United States have? I can honestly say if I want something for my target shooting there is not a shop within 50 -75 miles that I can walk into and get it. I always get the same response..."I can order it for ya and it will be in next week." Which means another hour drive a week later for something I can order myself.

No shops around where I can go in and try the latest and greatest bows, release aids, stabilizers, bow sites. So I relly on the internet and catalogs to purchase 99% of my hunting and target equipment. I can understand the logic of selling the stuff thru an authorized proshop but that doesn't leave many options for those of us who don't have any around...:cool:

2. J.C.

J.C. New Member

My opinion is you're S.O.L.........:noidea: :biggrin1:

3. Long Draw

Long Draw Banned

there is no way a bow company that sells bows with cams with no draw length adjustments could do business that way.

4. bullfiddle

That's my point JC are these folks shooting themselves in the foot by not letting folks sell their products on the internet?... I can tell ya what, they are with me and I am sure I am not the only one...:censored:

Last edited: Jan 1, 2008
  5. bullfiddle

You might wanna read the post again did I mention I was talking exclusively about bows?....:noidea:

6. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

:dizzy: :dizzy: :dizzy: :dizzy: :dizzy:

7. J.C.

J.C. New Member

What specifically are you talking about? About the only thing I thought was pro-shop only was bows.....:noidea:

Bowtech has their Bowtech in the boonies program where you can buy direct if you're more than fifty miles from a dealer. :peace:

8. bullfiddle

I don't wanna bring companies into this.... But believe me it's not just bows...

9. J.C.

J.C. New Member

Aw go ahead, sissy....Name names. :D :D

It is their company policy after all.....:noidea:

10. bullfiddle

Ok let me pose this same question in a different direction maybe it will get a little bit more of a response??? Why does a person have to have a store front in order to buy from a manufacturer and sell archery products online?...:noidea:

11. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

what are you trying to say here??:noidea:

12. jcmorgan31

jcmorgan31 Prodigal Son

What is there, other than bows, that can not be bought through a non-authorized pro shop??? :noidea: :noidea:

13. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

yeah fiddle I dont know where your going with this........:noidea:

14. bullfiddle

I thought it was pretty straight forward. Say if someone wanted to start a Archery web store and not want the hassel of maintaing a Archery shop they can't do it with most manufacturers and distributors. You have to have a store of some kind. Some manufacturers and distributors don't even allow the store to be attached to the house so a garage would be out of the question....:noidea:

15. BowhuntnHoosier

BowhuntnHoosier Bisquit.......

:noidea: :noidea: :doh: :frusty: :wave: :decision: :peace:

16. jcmorgan31

jcmorgan31 Prodigal Son

If people were allowed to just sell crap from the chair in front of their computer, archery pro shops would go out of business. With no overhead, an armchair archery shop would undercut everyone else's prices. By selling to archery shops only, manufacturers ensure that distributors have made some sort of commitment towards the product they are selling. This provides a level of security for the manufacturer when they know a person isn't going to cut and run because the shop owner has more at stake.

I would hate to see this country lose its pro shop network. I know a lot of them have no clue, but imagine if there weren't any.

17. bullfiddle

Now we are getting somewhere and I do agree with the above statement I just wish there were some in my area. But what about the guys that do not have the luxury of running up to a shop 15 to 20 minutes away and getting what they need?

18. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

I dont have said problem, my shop is about 10 -15 minutes away......:noidea:

I dont understand your questioning.........:noidea:

so you want to open an online archery store???

19. jcmorgan31

jcmorgan31 Prodigal Son

They can still buy online from tons of archery shops online. I'm not sure what you are suggesting they be able to do???

I live in the middle of nowhere. I really don't have any shops that close that carry much. I just get it online. :noidea: :noidea:

20. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

I have 3 shops within 25 minutes of me........and i had to order my TT SS1 from Lancaster:noidea:

so your argument is not holding water......:noidea: