IBO speed

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by phillip, Aug 15, 2007.

1. phillip

phillip Hog wild

I have a bow that has a IBO speed of 305, Im shooting 60 pounds,396gr. arrow, wisker biskit rest, and only getting 232 FPS. what can i do to get more speed?

2. J.C.

J.C. New Member

You can reduce arrow weight. What's your draw length?

3. kbohunt

kbohunt are u a fat boy?

Dl!

Whats your DL, Is it tuned properly, Drop your arrow weight,whats on your string, Is your total arrow weight including point?
    Need more info?:biggrin1:

4. phillip

phillip Hog wild

29", arrows 9.3gpi, easton st epic 400. 27- 11/16" shaft,100gr.head,4" fletching,and then inserts. using a release aid.

5. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

drop your arrow weight 96 grains.....tha t should help a bit.....

there a bunch of 7.5 gpi shafts available that you could try

6. phillip

phillip Hog wild

Yes, thats 100 gr. point,and im figuring 35 gr. for inserts and fletching.

7. phillip

phillip Hog wild

Thanks, im going to try those 7.5 shafts. might even go to a 75gr.head, what do you thank?

8. i would not drop head weight, stay with the 100gr, but look at new arrows, you might even be able to cut some lenght off.

My bow is 60 pounds and i shoot 27 1/4 inch arrows ( cx 200s) and can keep it around 275 no prob with 100 gr

9. kbohunt

kbohunt are u a fat boy?

Arrow!

Try a Beman hunter ICS 400, There 8.4 gr per inch and a 75gr target point That should take you to:total arrow wt of around 325
    You should gain around 14 to 20 fps
    To take it a little further use 2' blazer vanes and you should increase another 2 fps.
    Any more for every 1 pound you crank your bow you gain 2 fps, For every 5 gr of arrow weight reduction you get 1fps.:rockon:

10. phillip

phillip Hog wild

sounds good, Thanks a bunch.

11. phillip

phillip Hog wild

You guys are grate, thanks for all the help.

12. Pinwheel1969

Pinwheel1969 #1 THREAD KILLER

your not going to get close to the rated IBO speed. Unless you have a 30" draw, 70# bow and 350 grn arrow. I wouldnt change it if your using it for hunting. Your getting more energy w/ the heavy arrows. You can add a few pounds to your bow. Shorten your serving. Take off string leaches and add an STS instead. If speed is what you want. Drop down a few grains in arrow weight.

13. bfisher

bfisher Senior Member

You really want to drop some arrow weight? Look at some Gold Tip Ultralite 400's or Ultralite 22 series. Depending on the bow you may actually see a 1 fps gain for each 3 grains of arrow weight you drop--depends on the bow.

Clean off the string accessories and even shorten the center serving on the string to about 3".

Depending on what string material is used on your bow, you could use a string made of BCY 8125 and maybe gain about 10 fps. No need to change the cable(s).

Realistically there's little reason that you should not be able to get about 260 fps or a little more out of that bow. There are a lot of little tricks you can learn. Each one may only give a ew fps but the combination of several factors could be substantial.

14. phillip

phillip Hog wild

Thanks, im willing to try anything.

15. phillip

phillip Hog wild

I will forsure shorten the serving,its about 7" long now, I had it added to due to string fraying. The string was hitting my arm gaurd.
    but i have lost that bad habbit.:hail: