Illinois Countdown

Discussion in 'Bowhunting forum' started by tnts79, Sep 21, 2007.

1. MeanV2

MeanV2 Senior Member

Early season is really not my thing anymore, and especially if it is as hot as it has been here the past few weeks.:biggrin1: I concentrate my hunting times the last few weeks before 1st Slug season:cool:

Dan

2. Chris

Chris Administrator Staff Member

If it doesn't cool off, I'm going fishing instead of hunting.

3. Ronhop

Ronhop RIP

I'm with you.
    last year's opening day hit 90 degrees here. I'm NOT doing that adventure again...

In fact I'm heading out to the river in a little bit. It's every bit of 85+ here right now.

Ron

4. Greg / MO

Greg / MO Member

Our weather patterns in the Midwest have simply sucked the last several years... It's 91 degrees as I type this right now at almost 3 p.m.

Last year, it was in the mid-80s during the first two weeks of November when I invited another fellow Bowtech Pro Staffer to come in and hunt with me. Sure does make the experience far less enjoyable!

5. BuckeyeRed

BuckeyeRed Super Member

I will be on stand regardless of weather conditions. Still waiting for that Oct. 1st. date in the low 50's for once vs. the usual mid 80's.

6. kbohunt

kbohunt are u a fat boy?

what!

Bunch of wimp's:laugh:
    Quit :Cry: and get in the woods!
    I dont care if its 100 I wait all year for opening day,Mine oct.6
    Im killin me a deer!:p

7. STRO

STRO get'n rid of target panic

I'm with what he said. I've been waiting 9 months for the opener and it is only a week away.

8. tnts79

tnts79 Senior Member

If opening morning is in the 50's it will be good regardless of midday temp.! I will be there for sure. Work or hunting...:wave: :amen:

9. STRO

STRO get'n rid of target panic

I love early season, it seems you can catch them off guard and it can be great if you have the travel patterns down. It's also good if you have an alfalfa or clover field you can sit over. Guess what I will be sitting over?

10. MeanV2

MeanV2 Senior Member

Matt said you ordered that weather especially for him:D

Dan

11. Werd

Werd Senior Member

i live in pa. i just went out tonight. had 6 doe in an alphalpa field and they never came in more than 60 yards. 4 youngsters and 2 very very very very big doe :Cry: