I'm a new member with question

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by solocam1962, May 30, 2008.

1. solocam1962

solocam1962 New Member

I have shot archery for years but new to 3-d. Can someone explain how to score an indoor 3-d shoot - max range 28 yds. We have a range and want to invite shooters to shoot various distances in range with different size targets groundhog, turkey, boar, deer, coyote etc . . . range size is 28 yds X 15 yds (width).

2. brokenarrow

brokenarrow Evil Genius

Welcome...
    Simply, each target has scoring rings...
    the Body and anything body color is a 5
    The large ring is 8
    the second ring is 10
    and if there is a smaller inner ring on the target they are 12 or as 10X and used as a tie breaker

I beleive IBO scores the X as 11...

3. solocam1962

solocam1962 New Member

Thanks - I will download IBO rules for shoot? Should we use IBO rules at the shoot?

4. brokenarrow

brokenarrow Evil Genius

I would...

5. Hook Em

Hook Em Slippy for President

I wouldn't....ASA rules are better :rockon: IBO has some really silly rules like no blazers veins for hunter class :doh:

6. brokenarrow

brokenarrow Evil Genius

ASA has silly score rings...:p

7. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

that was changed........I think......or will be soon.....

8. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

BUT, are much more liberal, with the line calling.........

9. brokenarrow

brokenarrow Evil Genius

are you taking his side...:mad:

10. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

NOPE......i like IBO better, but was just pointing out the obvious.........:noidea:

11. BowhuntnHoosier

BowhuntnHoosier Bisquit.......

I think the no blazers is a stupid rule anyways. I mean come on blazers were designed for hunting/stabalizing broadheads. One thing though I think ASA has a 280fps rule +or-. Not sure though if I am wrong I'm sure someone will correct me. IBO is 5gpp. Just have fun thats the main thing. Good luck.

12. J.C.

J.C. New Member

yep ASA speed limit is 280 + 3%.

13. Hook Em

Hook Em Slippy for President

putting everybody on an even playing field :peace: rather than 5 gpp so those using an X-force have a distinct speed advantage. And what do you mean liberal line calls? it is either touching the line, or it isn't :noidea: What am I missing? Does the IBO require you to be touching the inside of the line?

14. dbdcougar

dbdcougar He Who Drops His Bow Arm

Don't believe they have changed the stupid Blazer rule yet (this is the winner in the IBO most moronic rule contest). Don't think much of the 280fps rule either - let them shoot whatever they like. (and I don't even shoot ASA, you southern shooters can do as you see fit with that one) The best shooters will still win no matter what you do with the rules; it's just a bunch of :censored: . :smash:

15. brokenarrow

brokenarrow Evil Genius

I'm not sure what he means Hook...
    1. SCORING ARROWS
      a. Scores will be tabulated as follows:
      i. 11 points - 11 ring or “X” ring centered inside the 10 ring
      ii. 10 points - 10 ring or heart
      iii. 8 points - Vital
      iv. 5 points - Body
      v. 0 points - Miss or arrow not touching body color.
    b. If more than one scoring area is visible on a target, either scoring area can be used unless otherwise noted at the shooting stake.

c. An arrow touching the line marking the edge of a greater scoring area shall be given the higher score.

d. Arrows must stick in the target in order to receive a score other than a zero with the exception of a pass through, robin hood, or bounce back as set out in paragraphs (e) (f) and (g) below.

e. An arrow that passes through a target may be scored if witnessed and agreed upon by the majority of archers in the group.

f. An arrow embedded into the nock end of an arrow embedded in the target shall be scored the same as the arrow embedded into the target. An arrow that hits another arrow – with the arrow being struck showing visible damage - that does not stick in the target shall be given the scoreof the arrow that was struck.

g. A bounce back is an arrow that squarely strikes the target and bouncesback toward the shootermay be scored if the score can be agreed upon by the majority of archers in the group. If a member of the group other than the archer witnesses the bounce back and the group cannot agree, the archer may re-shoot the target before the group advances to score the target.

h. An arrow released or dropped accidentally will be scored a zero unless the archer is able to retrieve it while touching the stake and re-shoot it within that archer’s two minute period.

i. Any arrow intentionally shot into the ground or any object other than the target shall be considered an act of un-sportsmanlike conduct and the arrow scored a zero.