I'm going to Bowtech University

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by Chris, Apr 10, 2008.

1. Chris

Chris Administrator Staff Member

Bowtech puts on a dealer school and we are going the end of this month. If you have questions about the bows, the designs, whatever, please post them in this thread. I'm going to make a list and can hopefully get an engineer to answer some questions.

2. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

$1350 and you get to build 2 bows and keep them?? and meals are included.....

man sounds like a deal to me.......:noidea:

3. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

do you need a ride along buddy???:noidea:

4. Chris

Chris Administrator Staff Member

They might notice that fuzzy little rabbit in the luggage. Can you imagine TSA opens and WAAAA!!!:laugh:

5. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

I dont bite.........HARD:noidea:

6. J.C.

J.C. New Member

ask them where my LA 1 modules are.....:frusty: :frusty: :frusty:

7. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

sorry about that, I tried them out and for got to ship them to you:noidea:

8. RxBowhunterKS

RxBowhunterKS Paddle in water

The question comes up often about cam lean with binary's.
    Can you ask the engineers what their thoughts are about cam lean and how to prevent it? I personally don't have a problem with some lean as long as the bow is shooting well and damage isn't being done to the bow or the strings.

Thanks Chris,
    Rx

9. J.C.

J.C. New Member

you would have no need at all for those mods, T-Rex.....:wave:

10. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

yeah but my freind did, we were checking to make sure they would work for him, before we ordered them......

11. jdawg240

jdawg240 BOWNUTS

Yes tell them JDAWG wants a Guardian that IBOs around 350 ish!!!!

PS no string catcher crap or roller guard!

12. bullfiddle

bullfiddle Movin on up!!!

You have friends????....:noidea: :noidea: :noidea:

13. jkcerda

jkcerda the GOON squad POSEE

that would be awesome

+2

14. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

:pout:...........

15. centerpunch

centerpunch New Member

bowtech questions

If you get a chance can you ask someone why they charge $750.00 for their bows and put that junk plastic cable slide on there that the cables start to wear through after 100 shots? And also why they dont redesign the generals roller system so you can get adequate fletching clearance with a odd feather up or down setup? I am not a basher either. I have 2 commanders and love them both. Just would buy a general for hunting if I could a little better clearance.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2008
  16. brokenarrow

brokenarrow Evil Genius

Centerpunch has a point about that cheap cable slide...I haven't had an issue with mine but, I know alot of people have...:noidea:

17. Ronhop

Ronhop RIP

Bowtech riser thickness on the outside of the shelf

What is the reason for Bowtech to make the outside of the riser so thick, which makes some of the rests and sights made just a few years ago obsolete without modification or outright replacement ?

I bought an 82nd and tried to use a NAP QT 3000 that I bought about 5 years ago. No dice on the windage. I could not get a center shot established (I have a post with responsed out here if you are interested). However NAP was nice enough to send me a new mounting block for the prongs that allow additional windage adjustability. I don't have it yet but NAP tells me they had to extend the adjustment on some of their rests to accomodate Bowtech's latest bows.

I find it frustrating that NAP was able to help (for free) but Bowtech was clueless aside from them saying that the QT 3000 would work just fine, which in my case was absolutely false information from somebody at BT that had no clue. There is definitely a communcation breakdown between BT customer service and their engineering team.

Why is this when they are some of the most expensive bows on the market across the board ? In my opinion, being involved in retail and customer care for much of my 25+ year career, this is unacceptable.

I would be interested in an answer that was not rooted in marketing/merchandising BS.

Thanks for asking Chris...

Ron

18. goldflinger

goldflinger Senior Member

I keep trying to talk my wife into a factory tour the next time we go to Washington, but I never seen anything about it on their website. Could you ask about that?
    :welcome: centerpunch that dear looks half angus. wowwww

19. centerpunch

centerpunch New Member

Ron is correct about their customer service. It is horrible. I have contacted them a few times with cam lean questions on the airbornes and have gotten several different answers.

20. centerpunch

centerpunch New Member

Thanks. Looks like you have a couple dandies hangin yourself.