IN the experts opinions

Discussion in 'Bowhunting forum' started by Southernfryedyankee, Sep 6, 2007.

1. J.C.

J.C. New Member

I would have taken that shot. I'm sure there's some who disagree. The shot placement looked good to me. Maybe could have been a couple of inches forward.

2. Southernfryedyankee

Southernfryedyankee Senior Member

I just never thought you should shoot them in the back

3. tnts79

tnts79 Senior Member

?

I wouldn't take that shot. He pretty much smoked its left lung, I just prefer pass thru's and short tracking jobs!!. I guess if you have enough speed and ke you can do enough damage with a less than perfect shot.:noidea:

4. kbohunt

kbohunt are u a fat boy?

Shot placement!

Yes, Ive taken this very same shot, with mechanicals
    The fixed i use to shoot, Im not sure i would take the shot,but with my rockets opening 2 inchs and that arrow wobbling inside of him,I took this same shot with no pass threw the deer went 50yds!:biggrin1:

5. Gator eye

Gator eye Guest

I have taken that shot a couple of times... Both times hit the spine and they dropped in there tracks.

He must of missed the spine but end results looked good. might of been a hard track job, unless the arrow stuck though the bottom of the deer.

6. poorman

poorman And thats no lie !

I would take it. It worked for him.

7. Ronhop

Ronhop RIP

I would take it. It looked like he had a good angle toward the front of the lung area where the heart is, although the arrow didn't seem to penetrate all that far so I'm not sure what vital(s) he actually hit. Yeah, left lung probably but heart ? I don't think it went far enough in.

I've never been close to a shot like that but I've done enough homework to feel Ok about it if it presents itself.

Ron

8. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

yup, i would take it in a heart beat and have a few times.....always works out for the best, in my case anyway.....

9. Pinwheel1969

Pinwheel1969 #1 THREAD KILLER

all depends on how comfortable you are with that shot. If ya dont think you cam make it. dont try it. I practice this shot on a 3d target in my stand. Havent had a chance on a buck yet. But have taken a few does with this shot..

10. outdoorsman

outdoorsman Senior Member

took the lung , i would take it ..... horns on the wall and meat in the freezer