Installed peep sight now bow shoots high...

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by BowKnows, Nov 12, 2007.

1. BowKnows

BowKnows Junior Member

I installed a peep today and used the "close your eyes and draw the bow" method to figure out where it should go. At this spot the bow shoots way high and still shoots high even if i max out the sight adjustment. So what should I do?

2. bullfiddle

bullfiddle Movin on up!!!

you got anyway to post a picture of your bow so we can see what it looks like?

3. BowKnows

BowKnows Junior Member

Yeah I'll try to get one up tomorrow.

4. Slightlychilled

Slightlychilled Junior Member

I just had this happen to me. First I moved my peep up out of the way shot some with just the pin. then moved the peep back down I had to move it lower then I thought is should be and now it is on like donkey Kong...

Mind you I have not shot my bow in 5 years.I had to put on a new string and added 5 lbs to my pull...little tweek here and there...
    Do you have a kisser

sorry not much help. You might just go to a shop they can help you

Colt

Last edited: Nov 12, 2007
  5. bullfiddle

I got to thinking about this post while I was trying to go to sleep and obviously you can see that didn't happen. Move your peep down this will bring your anchor up more and will cause the back of the arrow to be higher which will make you shoot lower. Bottom line is I think your peeps to high.

6. BowKnows

BowKnows Junior Member

Sorry to keep you up. That's actually what I did do but wasn't sure if that was the correct way of handling it, so I figured I should ask to make sure. Thanks.

7. bullfiddle

You ain't keeping me up. I have insomnia some nights and I just can't sleep. I am glad I could help ya. So when you moved the peep down did it help or have you been able to shoot it yet?

8. BowKnows

BowKnows Junior Member

It did help. In fact the first adjustment I made I wayyy overdid and bounced one off the ground and far up into the hills lol. It looks like I'm going to have to compromise between where it should be for "perfect" form and where it needs to be to hit the target. Kinda sucks but I don't know what else to do.

9. bfisher

bfisher Senior Member

You don't need to compromise your form. I think what you are referring to is the string location to your face/nose when you anchor. Assuming you were smart enough to buy one that is adjustable, you adjust the draw length of the bow to maintain good form when you have the peep where you want it. Actually this is doing it backwards, but attains the same results. The common practice is to establish good repeatable form and then set the peep.

I'm going to say that if you are indeed having this poblem then you'll need to shorten the draw, which is most common. The majority of shooters are drawing 1-3" longer than they should.

10. Pinwheel1969

Pinwheel1969 #1 THREAD KILLER

thats the darn truth too!!!:peace: