Introduced two newbies to 3D

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by Chris, Apr 16, 2008.

1. Chris

Chris Administrator Staff Member

Well, we took two newbies out for their first outdoor 3D event. It was a MAC qualifier (midwest archery championship) so it was probably a little more difficult then should have been for them.

They thoroughly enjoyed themselves. They now know why it is so important to be able to judge yardage. They were quite surprised how far off they could be in some cases. There were only a couple missed targets which is good.

One was a 16yr old kid and he shot real well from the hunter stakes. The other was a new guy that moved here from Indiana. He was just a hunter until he started visiting the shop on a regular basis. Now he knows why the shop is called Obsession Archery:laugh:

2. MichiganHunter

MichiganHunter Senior Member

sounds like they had a lot of fun. im sure there going to want to go agian! sounds like you got then hooked.

3. J.Blay

J.Blay New Member

I shot my first 3D last weekend also. I know what they wen't through with the yardage. One guy was ranging the targets after we shot and I was wrong more than I was right. I use my hunting sight which has only 20 and 40 yard pins. I hit many 12 rings within 30 yards. Beyond that I was pretty inconsistant. By the end of the shoot I had improved though.

4. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

Awsome getting the kids involved aint it.....:rockon: