is it time for 3D yet?

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by Archerdad, Oct 29, 2007.

1. Archerdad

Archerdad Senior Member

sure was tired after last year but i am kinda ready for it...:doh: :noidea:

2. Josh_Putman

Josh_Putman My little huntin buddy

Me too. I had a pretty good year this year shooting ASA here in Michigan. I shot Open C, and am looking forward to moving up to Open B next year. Had a good group of guys in C, and I think quite a few are moving up. Should be another good year. :rockon:

3. Archerdad

Archerdad Senior Member

i like open c. isn't it a 40 yard max? great place to start for sure with all the good equipment.

4. Josh_Putman

I believe it is 40 yard max. I have been shooting open class in other shoots for many years, but just started with the ASA this year, so I didn't want to jump in too far right off the bat. After doing well this year, I feel I should be able to do well in B also. Pinwheel1969 is one of the guys I shot with this year. I am looking forward to kicking his butt next year. :laugh: I told him a while back that he better be wearing his big boy pants next season. :biggrin1:

5. Holy Smokes

Holy Smokes Senior Member

Can't wait either
    Tha boy from Ny has warned me he's gonna be practin really hard ta beat me this year .
    I had better bo on tha look out fer he is a great shot.
    what he has to be on tha look out fer is that Black Cat
    I just ain't started shakin' in my boots yet. :biggrin1:

6. OA3D

OA3D Member

I'm ready.:biggrin1:
    But my 08 bows are not in yet.:Cry:
    Should be ready by first 3D in January and the KC Pro/Am in Feb.:rockon:

7. STRO

STRO get'n rid of target panic

YEAH, IT'S CALLED HUNTING. ONLY THEY ARE REAL ANIMALS. ARE YOU INSANE. YOU WOULD RATHER SHOOT AT A TARGET RIGHT NOW THAN THE REAL THING. WHAT WOULD FATHER TED SAY TO YOU RIGHT NOW.

8. Hook Em

Hook Em Slippy for President

Is open C unmarked both days for ASA?

9. Cameron

Cameron Senior Member

I have never shot an ASA event. Might have to make the trip to Traverse so you can show me the ropes..

10. Archerdad

Archerdad Senior Member

maybe it was a fleeting moment.. nope..i am trying to shoot the furry things but i am just looking forward to 3d. our club had one of the best years in a long time.
    sure seemed like everyone was having some fun.

11. Josh_Putman

All the shoots I went to for ASA this year were 15 marked and 15 unmarked. A few courses would throw the marked in randomly and some would start out the first half marked and then unmarked. I think a few others were the other way around, also. Unmarked then marked. At the first couple shoots I didn't use the cheat sheets they handed out, then I decided that if everyone else was going to, then I might as well too. Didn't want to give away points. I like shooting courses that are all unmarked, but after shooting some marked stuff this year, I kind of like it that way too. Gives you more opportunity to aim right at twelves with more confidence. Of course, then you run into the courses where the cheat sheet is a little off. That makes it kind of tricky.

12. Archerdad

Archerdad Senior Member

beats me... i would think but tehn again i know what happens when i think.:tape:

13. Pinwheel1969

Pinwheel1969 #1 THREAD KILLER

Your so sassy josh!!! I had my big boy pants on at the state shoot!!:laugh:
    I'm still contemplating open A. Theres definately more guys in B. But I think the competition is better in A. With Gary Parish And Vince And dean being the real only good shooters in B. With Mike Whalen, Jason Warner, Mitch Osman, Mike Olger, Paul Depover. I think its tough in that class. And a fun one to have a real good challenge.
    And I will lay the smack down on you again Josh.:laugh:
    Damn I'm funny....

14. Cameron

Cameron Senior Member

So A and B are equipment designations, or ability levels?

15. Pinwheel1969

ability and yardage. 45 max open B and 50 max for open A semi and pro. open A is all unmarked.

16. Cameron

Cameron Senior Member

OK, so where will Open D and C put me.:cool:

17. Holy Smokes

Holy Smokes Senior Member

How bout tha seniors class'
    you fellars ever considered that we compete with each other and have been shootin tournments fer "years"
    we now that distances and tricks they use we been doing tha pressure thing and know tha clieches and folks , places
    and our metabliam rate is a little slower.:cool:
    Experienced i guess is tha word.
    gotta remember we we tha champs in our day got tha trophys ta prove it!
    We may not be as good as we once was but.....
    we are as good once as we ever was.

18. Pinwheel1969

no D:laugh: Open C will put you in the 40 yd max. no equipment restrictions. Except all 280fps bows chrono'd at each shoot.

19. Pinwheel1969

they have senior divisions to..

20. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

I personally cant wait for 3d season.....someof us wont be able to bowhunt this year......I for one would rather shoot 3d than bowhunt....you get to shoot more at a 3d......well unless your DREW....