is it wrong?

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by I missed, Aug 27, 2007.

1. I missed

I missed Senior Member

i just started hunting some public land last year and while scouting i found someones hang stand with corn spread about. it was in a great spot and when i came to it again this year his stand was no longer there so i put mine up, is there anything wrong with that?

2. J.C.

J.C. New Member

He might think so. You'll find out soon enough. :biggrin1:

When does your season start?

3. poorman

poorman And thats no lie !

Public ground is first come first serve. He may not like it but will have to live with it. The only downside is if he is an donkeyhole you may be buying a new stand:mad:

4. Holy Smokes

Holy Smokes Senior Member

Git ya a logging chain and BIG lock and lock er down.
    1st come 1st serve.:biggrin1:

5. Pinwheel1969

Pinwheel1969 #1 THREAD KILLER

6. I missed

I missed Senior Member

7. lungcutter

lungcutter Senior Member

Before you climb all the way into your stand make sure that all is well with the stand.

1) Make sure that all the screw in steps are screwed all the way in.
    2) Check that nothing has been cut on your stand, Including the platform that you sit on
    3) If baiting isn't allowed look around for some bait hidden in the area. They may turn you in for hunting over bait.

If you think they may get mad I would hunt somewhere else.:noidea:

8. Pinwheel1969

Pinwheel1969 #1 THREAD KILLER

9. outdoorsman

outdoorsman Senior Member

we can feed them year around and get them good and tame then shoot them here in Texas..........:biggrin1:

10. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

we saw the video:biggrin1: :biggrin1:

11. outdoorsman

outdoorsman Senior Member

good one isnt it.... sometimes we wish it were that easy on those long hot mosquito infested days you sit all day in and dont se anything .....but then again it wouldnt be hunting then would it...... :doh:

12. Gator eye

Gator eye Guest

In Texas you just invite em in for dinner:D

13. Gator eye

Gator eye Guest

I know that it's first come first serve,, but is it really worth the headache and all the time spent lookin over your shoulder?

I would spend some time lookin for a back up spot, just in case the guy causes trouble.:mad:

14. Dredly

Dredly Site Guru

No, there is nothing he can say or legally do to make you move... but depending on how petty he is its very possible he'll cut down the tree, screw with your stand, or any number of other things.

Thats why I hate hunting public land. People are jerks

15. TOOL

TOOL Junior Member

If it were your regular spot and someone beat you to it, what would you think about? How upset would you be? If not very upset, then why not use it.

16. jcmorgan31

jcmorgan31 Prodigal Son

I believe it is against the rules here in Indiana to even leave a tree stand in a tree overnight on public land. Makes for a more interesting foot race every morning. I hate public land.............................:censored: :frusty:

17. Dredly

Dredly Site Guru

that is correct for just about ALL public land as the Game Commision doesn't want to take responsibility for anyone being hurt. In addition it is illegal to "mark or damage" any trees which means you can't put up a permenant stand either

18. bowcraze30

bowcraze30 Senior Member

who knows he may not even hunt that property, you should be fine just make sure to lock your stand up

19. Hook Em

Hook Em Slippy for President

I need some good training advice....they aren't minding me on my lease! I didn't even shoot a buck last year and only saw one shooter while in my stand. He busted me a 3/4 draw while standing broadside at 17yds....that was my last day on stand last season. I was so mad I shot the arrow anyway. It bounced off the ground and hit 10 ft up a tree about 80 yds away. I double lunged the tree, but the meat was a bit woody :noidea:

20. Hook Em

Hook Em Slippy for President

And just so I am not hijacking, you should hunt it, but like stated above make sure you check everything out just in case the guy is a jerk.