Is this an X or not?

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by Chris, Feb 20, 2007.

1. Chris

Chris Administrator Staff Member

This was shot at the recent Face to Face and had a huge effect on the outcome. How would you call it.

2. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

what are the rules, touching or breaking....also its not the best picture....:noidea:

3. vonottoexperience

vonottoexperience Senior Member

From what I can see..I say No "X"

4. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

If it was my target and I was scoring, I would say no "x"

If it was someone elses and I was scoring, I would say that it was an "x" from this picture......:noidea: I guess I am too nice???:noidea:

guess thats why I am not a line judge at archery shoots.....:noidea:

5. brokenarrow

brokenarrow Evil Genius

That's tough...I say no...but waht are the rules like adam asked...

6. Holy Smokes

Holy Smokes Senior Member

I have not scored on a 3 spot officially. What are the rules.
    One thing I carry in my quiver is a magnifing glass. It really has setteled alot of disputs. HS

7. I have never shot in a comp shoot or been to one, but if I were shooting at that target in my back yard or at the range I would say no. By the looks of the arrow there is not one fraction of an inch of it even inside of the circle, even if it was touching the ring, it is not touching the inside of the circle. If that shot was a do or die shot then I feel the fair thing would be to say NO. JMO.

8. Chris

Chris Administrator Staff Member

This is a vegas style target. Touching the line counts.

9. Holy Smokes

How do ya'll count the 3D's, touching the outside edge?
    Some folks I have seen just countem if there are really close.:tape: Hard to beat that pencil ain't it> HS

10. Holy Smokes

Without the glass and from that angle I would say yes. For it appears to be touching , agian without the glass. HS

11. big scores

big scores banned from AT

From that pic, I would say "X". If the pic was more to the right, it might tell a different story.

12. Wheely

Wheely Wheely Threads

I would say No, but then again, the score I posted a few weeks ago and was so proud of...I was scoring according the which side of the line my arrow was mostly on.:doh: I have learned how to score correctly since then:biggrin1:

13. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

o.k. so if touching the line counts, then from the picture I would still call it an "X" for other people.....and now I would call it an "x" for my self also......but again the pic really sucks.....:noidea:

14. STRO

STRO get'n rid of target panic

I hate calling these kind of shots. I always ask someone who is not in our group to score the close ones. I agree the picture isn't the best but I would have to call it an "X"

15. two_shoes

two_shoes YOU! Get in my belly!

You'd need a glass and to look from the nock. If the glass shows no sign of "yellow" not even a speck, in between the arrow and the line, it is said to be touching the line. If you look from the nock usually you can tell if it's touching or broken....from that angle though I could not make the call.

-two_shoes

16. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

so what was the call????

17. Jay Are

Jay Are Junior Member

From the picture I would say that the arrow is touching the line.
    But it is still tough call I wouldn't want to make it for someone I was shooting with.

18. longcut36

longcut36 Senior Member

I would say it is touching.

19. Allen

Allen Senior Member

I think that a better camera angle would show that it is out.

If it's my arrow, I don't want the score on that one. If it's someone else's, I would probably give it to them unless they wouldn't let me. We actually have discussions like that at my club, a great group of archers.

Awful close though.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2007
  20. dano1977

dano1977 Senior Member

I would also like to know how it was scored. I seen it a while back somewhere else, and never did hear how it was scored.