Is this something new?

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by Wheely, Mar 9, 2007.

1. Wheely

Wheely Wheely Threads

I went into the shop today to get a new string put on. He asked me how I aim. I told him I center the pin in the peep. He told me, I could possibly be more consistant if I center the window in the peep and just put the right pin on the target. Is this something new or did I just have really bad help 7 years ago? :noidea:

How do you aim?

2. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

I only use single pin sliders right now but just picked up a toxonics multi pin tried it on wed, not sure if I like it, and have not really thought about it......:noidea:

3. Dredly

Dredly Site Guru

he is 100% correct. The reason being as you change the pin used you also change your angle. If you are aiming at 50 yards you should still be looking at the sight the exact same as if you were aiming at 20 yards.

The way to do this is ensure you always have the exact same sight picture

4. Chris

Chris Administrator Staff Member

Yes, Center the Ring Aperture of your sight with the Peep. Don't center the individual pin. This will keep your anchor much more consistant.

5. Wheely

Wheely Wheely Threads

I will definately be trying this when I get my bow back.:biggrin1:

6. Southernfryedyankee

Southernfryedyankee Senior Member

Its times like this that I wish my peep hadnt exploded off my bow. GRRR

7. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

what you mean get it back???:noidea: :noidea:

8. longcut36

longcut36 Senior Member

I move my sure loc sight in are out untill the scope ring fills the inside edge of the peep hole. this way I can see the level good and the sight is always in center of peep. then I will mark it with a piece of tape to make sure I put it in the same notch each time.

9. Wheely

Wheely Wheely Threads

I had to leave it so he could measure the strings, I had my kids outside in the stroller and couldn't wait for him. I can get it tomorrow, but the strings won't be in for a couple days.

10. Wheely

Wheely Wheely Threads

Until now, I couldn't figure out how people were seeing their levels while looking through the peep, it all makes sense now:biggrin1:

11. Decoy

Decoy Junior Member

Anyone have any information about the Hindsight "No Peep" from Timberline Archery?

12. Dredly

Dredly Site Guru

No Peeps are interesting things... personally I couldn't use one but my Neighbor is very good with one and despises using a peep. Its 100% personal preference but they do take a bit of getting used to.

Also I firmly believe it is MUCH easier getting good with a peep and then switching as opposed to starting off with a No-Peep. Reason being you only check that no peep once and if your not already a skilled archer you can easily move after checking it and then its pointless.