It"s Heeeeeeeere!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Bowhunting forum' started by Liv2Bowhunt, Oct 30, 2007.

1. Liv2Bowhunt

Liv2Bowhunt Senior Member

Rut is on in PA, no doubt about it, hardcore, nose to the :censored: rutting. I had to take a road trip yesterday and every deer i saw was chasing or being chased. Unfortunately during the 311 mile trip, i saw approximately 50 dead darlins on the roadways. Get out the esterous, pack the grunt tube and sharpen the rattlin horns, this is the week every bowhunter dreams about from the end of spring gobbler season.......:rockon:

2. Dredly

Dredly Site Guru

bout damn time! and its finally FALL weather wise. High of 60 today means they may be moving... I'll be out this afternoon I think... and tomorrow morning. Work will wait, the rut waits for no man! :rockon:

3. Cablegaurd21

Cablegaurd21 Senior Member

I agree! I think we here in Iowa are still in Pre-Rut But that good news! I can't wait to get in the woods on friday night. Highs in the mid 50's!:biggrin1:

4. Werd

Werd Senior Member

by this magazine i got its still pre rut but ive seen deer getting chased also.

5. diamondman

diamondman Member

here in minnesota its also only pre rut. we have about another 2 weeks to go, another week minimum. but small chases are starting and a few rubs and real small scrapes have been spotted around here.

6. I missed

I missed Senior Member

no rutting in mi that ive seen!

7. bullfiddle

bullfiddle Movin on up!!!

My neck is starting to swell up and I have a sudden urge to ram my head into the wall. It's probably all them herbal drugs my wifes been givin me.:dizzy: :dizzy:

8. killbambidead

killbambidead bambi killer

scrapes are startin to pop up all over the place here in IL

9. Dredly

Dredly Site Guru

if you get the urge to start ripping up the carpet and peeing on the floor go for it... its just a natural response to the changing of the seasons :D

10. bullfiddle

I already got all the paint wore off all the door frames in the house. I been rubbin........:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

11. Dredly

Dredly Site Guru

you ain't truly in rut till you start walking around sniffing the floors...

12. bullfiddle

I chased my Wife around the house the other night. I never did catch her.:frusty: :frusty: :frusty:

13. Dredly

Dredly Site Guru

just make sure you look behind the sofa... that be where dem hunters like to sit! :lol:

14. IChim2

IChim2 IChim2 and he's a shooter

Same here...starting to see a lot of hwy kills and yesterday morning while in the stand saw a buck with it's nose to the ground trolling arround a clear cut.Prerut is on.:rockon:

15. Liv2Bowhunt

In PA, we had the cold weather roll in, the day i started this post, i saw a monster 8 point, maybe 9, bedded in my bosses yard sleeping, he was exhausted from chasing. the doe with him was feeding and there was a little spike also. an hour later or so, i saw a doe being DOGGED along the turnpike, both the buck and the doe were out of breath. I found several scrapes while turkey hunting on monday, (i got home tooooo late to get in the stand). I took a pic of one, my shotgun fits in it sideways. I will see if i can post it.

16. Liv2Bowhunt

17. Dredly

Dredly Site Guru

my neighbor shot a nice 7 pointer yesterday, he was chasing a doe all over the place. Its definately started in PA. Found 2 scrapes on the way out to my stand this morning. Nothing moving but tree rats and more tree rats though.

anyone see the weather for Fri / Sat? low in the 30 range! BOUT DAMN TIME!! :rockon: