It's 3:50am on a friday....

Discussion in 'Bowhunting forum' started by IChim2, Oct 19, 2007.

1. IChim2

IChim2 IChim2 and he's a shooter

morning and i'm sitting here with the window open and listing to the wind blow like crazy:frusty: and i'm desperate to go hunting.Seems nothing is going right this season...it's either to warm or to warm and the wind is howling.Any body live somewhere where the weather is good for bow hunting....I'll sleep in a shed..garage...back pourch...any where...i'm desperate to hunt.:pout: :pout: :Cry:

2. brokenarrow

brokenarrow Evil Genius

I hear ya...
    5:30 and 72 degrees here, no wind though.:biggrin1:

3. david13

david13 Senior Member

not much wind here and about 55* average for mid day temperatures

4. 62flint

62flint Member

Know what ya mean 80's here with a day or 2 in the low 90's

5. Dredly

Dredly Site Guru

yeah I was going to go out this morning, I think it was around 67 on my front porch, slight breeze... it was 65 when I went to bed last night. Not even worth goin out, they aren't moving

6. chainsawlaskowski

chainsawlaskowski Junior Member

Don't let the wind stop you. I have a friend who is more obsessed with bow hunting than anyone I've EVER met. He hunts in any kind of weather. He is super successful. He never hires a guide and does all his hunts on public or private property where he can get permission. Anyway, he is the real deal. He missed the biggest buck he has ever had a shot at (around 180") in a wind storm. I don't care what some so called "experts" say, deer move whenever they feel like it. And you aren't going to get one if you aren't out there hunting. I laugh when I hear people say "the deer aren't moving". There isn't a day that they aren't "moving". It just isn't where you are sitting. They can be 100 yards away and you never see them. Deer very seldom go to the same places day after day, especially once the season is under way. When you think about it, we are pretty lucky when we pick the "right" place to sit and it's the same place they decide to use that day. Sure, some spots are better than others. I hunt whenever I get the chance.
    Good Luck to you! Jeff

7. Cablegaurd21

Cablegaurd21 Senior Member

I agree with Chainsaw. Just the other day it was like 55 degrees and windy and rainy. I went to the state park on my lunch break and two bucks crossed the road right in front of me at 12:40pm! so as long as you have several stands just go sit one and see what happens.

8. IChim2

IChim2 IChim2 and he's a shooter

I have a friend who will hunt even if the wind is blowing so hard that the tree's look like their trying to use a hula hoop.I don't mind a breeze but if it's blowing hard i loose confidence in a hurry for not being able to hear.Light rain is ok and i love to be in a stand when there's a dence fog....but the wind drives me banana's...i probably rely on my hearing more than anything else.

9. jt13077

jt13077 Senior Member

It's nasty out here today too. I was going to go out, but it was 65, really windy and getting ready to t-storm. This weekend looks nice thought:biggrin1:

10. chainsawlaskowski

chainsawlaskowski Junior Member

Wind

One thing that I like about the wind, is that you get away with a little more movement and noise in you stand than on those dead calm days. Granted, you do lose your hearing abilities, but I figure that if you only have so many days to get out and hunt, why stay in just because it's windy.
    Just my thoughts. I know everyone has their own ideas on this.
    Good Luck to you! Jeff

11. J.C.

J.C. New Member

Wow, you guys are sissies. :wave: How many threads did we have counting down to the season? Only 39 days to go! Wow, 21 days to go, how will I ever stand it? Now, the season gets here, and nobody's hunting because of the weather. Don't move to the deep south guys, cuz you'll never hunt. Complaining about temps in the 50's and 60's? Gimme a break. :peace:

GET OUT and HUNT! :rockon:

12. jt13077

jt13077 Senior Member

Sitting in a tree during thunderstorms, 30-40 mph winds and sideways rain, I'll wait til tomorrow! :D I love my wife and daughter and would like to stay around a while. :hug:

13. Werd

Werd Senior Member

i hear ya. i went out tonight and it was WINDYYYYYYYYYYYY. i was sitting there rocking back and forth. sat for 3 hours to see one buck and went the other way. going out tomrorow night tho. should get one. and i was getting out my stand wen i saw him. i dont think i ever got into a stand as fast as i did.:biggrin1: