Joe's Form FROM TODAY!!!

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by swintj1, Dec 5, 2007.

1. swintj1

swintj1 Senior Member

Okay, here it is...

1. Never grab the grip when fired
    2. parrallel stance to the target
    3. moved camera up so you can see me
    4. and narrowed stance...

Let me know! The one thing I forgot to do in these videos (because I was experimenting) is that I didn't start low and go up...I tried to just start right on the target and then stay on the target (HORRIBLE APPROACH! You can see my accuracy is not as good, or as tight as usual) It is much better to either start high and come down onto the target, or start low and go up. LESSON LEARN!:doh: :doh: :doh:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=2L_qIRwFHrg

2. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

I would go with 100% better than when you started.....how did it feel??

you have come along way in a short time soldier......

now if you can keep doing what your doing.......

I did notice 1 thing, whats w/opening your release hand after you squeeze the trigger???

if your wrapping your whole finger around the trigger and pulling through, you should have no movment in your hand if you are pulling straight through......:noidea:

3. swintj1

swintj1 Senior Member

Thanks Bunny, a lot of this improvement is in direct relation to your advice and help. I don't know what is up with my fingers! LOL! For the last few times I've gone, I noticed I was GRABBING the whole rod on the release, and I figured that would introduce torque to the string, so I only touch the release with my trigger finger...all the other 4 are OFF the entire release. Then, when I pull the trigger, I think I just open my trigger finger, and it makes it look like I was moving bunch, but I think it is just the trigger finger...I'll work on that some more, because I noticed that too, and I don't feel myself doing it...but it is strange. Thanks for the critique.

4. swintj1

swintj1 Senior Member

Yeah, Looking at that hand thing...that is no illusion..that is just sloppy release...I think it is clean if you break it down...It is just something I do AFTER the shot is gone that must be instinct or something. I'll work on that though, because it is not necessary at all, and might eventually lead to some poor habits. Thanks for pointing that out bunnyman.

5. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

man this place was like dial up ther for a few minutes:mad:

oh well glad thats over........

when I used to shoot with a wrist strap release, I tried shooting an open hand but never could get consitant, so I just went to lightly wrapping my fingers around it and then always pulling.......you want it to be a suprise......

6. swintj1

swintj1 Senior Member

In the red you are talking about the grip...but in the blue...you are talking about the string hand right? I'll keep working hard on pulling with my back muscles and getting that surprise release....I think when I get my target bow, I'll go to a Carter Evolution and give that a try...

7. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

nope....talking about the release hand in both:D

8. swintj1

swintj1 Senior Member

Wow...I feel stupid...Yeah, I know what you're saying though. I "feel" better when I lightly grab the release, but I just feel like, the more I grab the release rod...the more torque I can induce on the string...any fact in that?

9. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

yes and no.......

I shot the Tru Ball Rack Mater......it has a rope connection from the strap to the head....you cant torque it......some people find it hard to hook the rackmaster up because of the heap of the release being limp.....I never had a problem with it and Papito has that same release and doesnt have an issue either.......

10. Werd

Werd Senior Member

better. I shoot the same way, no fingers on the rod, or strap in my case. I dont know, i shoot good like that

11. Wheely

Wheely Wheely Threads

yep, looks good to me :rockon:

12. swintj1

swintj1 Senior Member

Think I've improved at all? :lol: :lol:

Here is my progression from my first days shooting to now...

Day 1: October 2007
    [​IMG]

Day 30: November 2007
    [​IMG]

The famous nudie pic:
    [​IMG]

And last week:
    [​IMG]

And Now Today:
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=2L_qIRwFHrg

I OWE ALL OF THESE SLOW AND STEADY IMPROVEMENTS TO ALL OF YOU HERE ON 3DSHOOTS.COM! THANK YOU SO MUCH! A FEW OF YOU MORE THAN OTHERS, BUT YOU ALL CONTRIBUTED...ANYONE WHO SAYS FORUMS DON'T WORK, OR THIS FORUM DOESN'T WORK>....LOOK AT THESE!

THANK YOU! 3DShoots.com ROCK!:rockon: :rockon:

13. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

you are only just begining PADAWAN..........

WAIT TILL THE "HOW DO I STOP MY TARGET PANIC"

its a down hill slide from here:lol:

14. bullfiddle

bullfiddle Movin on up!!!

When you get to that point SJ see the post of the release I have for sale in the classifieds...:lol: :lol:

15. QSA

QSA One eyed/Gutless wonder

I seen one thing. I maybe wrong, but just in case I am not I will ask. On release the bow did not move hardly any. One thing to make sure of. Like I said just in case. Do not grip the bow from the sides with your thumb and fingers. Dead in your hands is one thing, but a perfectly balanced bow with a short stab? Maybe or pinching it from the sides. Just in case try making a circle with your thumb and first finder around the grip. Let the bow rest in the circle.

16. swintj1

swintj1 Senior Member

17. Dredly

Dredly Site Guru

I think that the most important improvement is that you have been keeping your shirt on. We all appreciate that :biggrin1:

18. swintj1

swintj1 Senior Member

Let's not come down on me for that! You provoked me (as a forum) and I just did what you asked me to. :lol: :lol:

Let's just say that was a time in my life i'm not proud of...but was crucial. LOL! :bowl: :bowl: :laugh: :laugh: :bowl: :bowl:

19. Dredly

Dredly Site Guru

Good call, we'll leave it at that :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

20. chelleo

chelleo Senior Member

The one thing I see that no one has even mentioned is when you draw back the bow....please don't aim at the sky, what if you hit the release accidently? You should never aim that high when you draw back the bow.