Joined the Darkside.......Sorta

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by J.C., Aug 18, 2007.

1. J.C.

J.C. New Member

If you consider Mission "the darkside" :D

After deciding to switch to shooting left handed due to eye dominance, I wanted to look for a cheaper hunting bow for this season, and then see what 2008 brings for a 3D bow next year. I love short, light, handy bows for treestands and ground blinds and Mission seems to fit the bill.

I got the X3 because who needs to spend an extra $100 for full camo when the matte black powdercoat looks so good. :thumb:

I was amazed at how easy the 70# demo I shot today pulled. It didn't even feel like 60#.

Another thing I decided on which I hope I don't regret is 50# limbs. As smooth as this thing draws it'll probably feel like 35.

Sorry, no pics yet. The shop had a lefty 70# X4 in stock, but had to order mine. I'll post some when my bow comes in about a week and a half.

For $339 plus tax out the door, I think I'll be very happy with it. :rockon:

2. brokenarrow

brokenarrow Evil Genius

I shot a 60# X3 a couple weeks ago and it felt great...should be an awesome bow in the woods...I'd get one but I don't like Koolaid...:tape:

Congrats...Darky

3. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

dude who cares aboutthe kool aid....its a great bow and a great price.....

besides you have been drinking beer all this time......you would have to be drunk to buy a Darton:noidea:

4. J.C.

J.C. New Member

:lol: :lol: :lol:

5. brokenarrow

brokenarrow Evil Genius

:lol: :lol: :rockon:

6. Holy Smokes

Holy Smokes Senior Member

yup what he said

7. QSA

QSA One eyed/Gutless wonder

From this point on the Mission should be the Holy side or lite side

8. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

Mission is the dark side little brother:usa:

9. jcmorgan31

jcmorgan31 Prodigal Son

You remember the little kids on Star Wars that Yoda was teachin? They shoot mission bows..... cause they ain't old enough for a light saber yet.:D

10. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

:lol: :lol:

11. jcmorgan31

jcmorgan31 Prodigal Son

I think they were called younglings........:D

12. J.C.

J.C. New Member

If it's the Darkside wouldn't Vader be shooting it? :noidea:

I doubt Yoda uses a cable guard. :p

13. BowhuntnHoosier

BowhuntnHoosier Bisquit.......

Congrats on the new bow. I still have'nt shot them but when I get a chance I will. The shop nearest me that sells Mathews is not open on Sundays. Can't wait to see pics of that beauty.:peace:

14. jcmorgan31

jcmorgan31 Prodigal Son

There are only 2 Sith at any one time.. Mathews would definitley not like those sales numbers....

Besides Vader can kill stuff by just pointing at it...:biggrin1:

And no.......... A Cable Guard Yoda Does Not Need......:D

15. Dredly

Dredly Site Guru

there are only 2 Sith at a time. The master and the Apprentice. There can be a lot of dark jedi. You need to play more video games :p

btw - yeah Mission is one heck of a bow. I love how the "low end" and "High end" are seperated by riser cutouts... :doh:

16. jcmorgan31

jcmorgan31 Prodigal Son

Video games are made up for revenue. Movies are the real deal... Besides, my 7 yr old won't give up the controller......:noidea:

I guess Vader could have decreed that all storm troopers had to carry Drenalins. At least they would be safer from flying carbon fiber in their armor.....:tape: