Judo points for turkeys?

Discussion in 'Bowhunting forum' started by SinGin, Sep 18, 2007.

1. SinGin

SinGin Banned

Had a guy tell me the other day all he shoots turkeys with are Judo points and nothing else. So what do you think? Would they work alone for them? He also said he shoots them in the body and not the head. Any thoughts?

2. Werd

Werd Senior Member

the guy that told you that is dumb =] :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Last edited: Sep 18, 2007

3. SinGin

SinGin Banned

Never said he was my friend. I guess I'll put you down for a no

4. Werd

Werd Senior Member

who said he was your friend???:wave: :D :D :D

5. SinGin

SinGin Banned

sneaky sneaky sneaky

6. Dredly

Dredly Site Guru

I dunno... I guess if a guy can shoot a TRX32 without having issues then anything is possible :laugh:

7. SinGin

SinGin Banned

Now that's FUNNY!!!:laugh:

8. Werd

Werd Senior Member

lol <3 i love this bow. ive already knocked a few squirrles with it. waiting to get a deer infront of me and see what it does.

9. poorman

poorman And thats no lie !

I suppose they would work. I can see where they would do some damage internally. I think I would prefer something with a little more cut to it though.

10. poorman

I've killed squirrels with a sling shot but I wouldnt shoot a deer with one:biggrin1:

11. Werd

Werd Senior Member

WOW!! lol now thats funny.......wow i dont even know what to say. hey maybe i got lucky and got a good bow. because ive had it for 3 weeks and no problems. had a nice pass through on a squirrle from 45 yards... field point to:peace:

12. SinGin

SinGin Banned

Only 5 more useless post and you'll be a senior member. Go boy go.

13. Werd

Werd Senior Member

wow where did you learn to count??? i only see 4:biggrin1: :biggrin1:

14. SinGin

SinGin Banned

shouldn't you be posting in the beginners archery range? If you don't have anything usefull to add to the topic, well then I think it is way past your bedtime

15. poorman

Pass through on a squirrel?? Now thats some kinda K.E. You must of had 3 or 4 lbs of K.E. but the field point probably helped a little.....:laugh:

16. kbohunt

kbohunt are u a fat boy?

Check your laws!

I would before using a judo-point on big game!
    In Va A turkey is a big game animal and in the archery laws states: has to have a cutting dia. of atleast 7/8 inch or be able to expand to 7/8 inch & Judos have NO CUTTING DIA.:doh:
    I shoot judos I have 2 arrows in my quiver, for bunnys only!
    Sorry, if ya read this post, Bunnyboy!:laugh:

17. Werd

Werd Senior Member

now thats going tooo far. im set at 68 lbs thank you. =]..and the squrrile only ran 4 yards. and it went up a tree and fell backwards. and i lost an arrow too.....:censored:

18. poorman

68 lbs doesnt mean a whole lot if your only shooting at 12fps:biggrin1:

I'm just messing with you. Its not the bow its the guy holding the bow. A lot of animals have been killed with a lot less bow than you have. Enjoy it and good luck this season.

19. tnts79

tnts79 Senior Member

Yeah, a hunting buddy of mine shot a trx his first year hunting....:frusty::doh: The trx didn't last too long, now he shoots a bowtech. I started with a reflex and now its on back up duty for the trykon. What were we thinking? :laugh: If you shoot a squirrel and it runs off thats not a good thing, and pass thrus on a squirrel aren't worth mentioning.:bored:

20. lungcutter

lungcutter Senior Member

Why shoot a turkey with a judo point when you can shoot a broadhead that will do more damage. He might as well shoot blunt tips at them. Todays expandables are very accurate and open to large cutting diameters.