Just a hypothetical....

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by Hook Em, Apr 7, 2008.

1. Hook Em

Hook Em Slippy for President

So I want to go shoot at a major 3D event in hunter class (like an ASA or IBO tourney) and I am doing pretty well in the SOY standings, but there is no way I can shoot the event on the days that everybody else is going to shoot...should I be able to shoot the event on different days than everybody else since I can't possibly do it on the scheduled days? On a closed course with a couple other people to shoot with me (but not shooters in my class)...

What do you think....Should I be able to shoot? And why?

***Edit by Admin... DO NOT MENTION ANYONES NAME IN THIS THREAD. THIS IS A HYPOTHETICAL QUESTION
    If you do, your post will be removed and you may be banned for it.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 10, 2008
  2. Slippy

Slippy Buckeyes #1

no, you should have to shoot in the exact same conditions as all the other competitors, pick what events are the most important to you and participate in the them.

What, you get some new ink and all the sudden you think you're entitled to special treatment? :noidea:

3. Hook Em

I would shoot the same course, just the day before you shot it...:noidea: And my ink is pretty special if you ask me :biggrin1:

4. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

WHILE it does PAIN me to have to agree w/slippy..... there are alot of shoots I would love to be able to go to, but can not get there because of other commitments:noidea:

5. dbdcougar

dbdcougar He Who Drops His Bow Arm

I just heard my other daughters voice in that question. Do you have any Ukrainian blood in you by chance? :doh: :dizzy:

6. Slippy

Slippy Buckeyes #1

Alright, I'll put this in Texas terms so you can follow me.......

Thats like Dale Jr. asking NASCAR to race on Saturday's so he can also do Indy car on Sundays.....come on Hook. :noidea: Its the same race buddy, i.e. its not the same shoot.

7. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

hey hook, lets say for a second that you are allowed to do this.......

its a friday, and you shoot the round and its 80degrees and slightly cloudy....

now everyone else comes on SATURDAY and they have to shoot in a down pour the whole day.....its not really fair is it??:noidea:

8. Hook Em

What if it isn't different weather? In fact it is worse for me on Friday and Saturday than it is for you on Saturday and Sunday :noidea:

9. BowhuntnHoosier

BowhuntnHoosier Bisquit.......

Sorry but it does'nt sound fair to me. No telling with the weather???? I think you shoot the same days as others do. Or miss the shoot.:noidea: :tape:

10. bullfiddle

bullfiddle Movin on up!!!

Most of the IBO qualifiers around here are 2 day shoots.... I just went to one yesterday...:noidea:

11. J.A.G.

J.A.G. Senior Member

I'm special

ohhhh BS

What if I have to work that particular day? Sooo what if the other 500 people have to work that day also...

Tough tiddy said the kitty.

If you can't make it on the day that the shoot is scheduled , then DONT GO! you loose, too bad.. better luck next time. take up another sport if it conflicts with your schedule that badly.
    Fair is fair.

Hmmmm, maybe someone should send this thread to ASA.

12. Hook Em

Isn't there anyone out there that thinks it is ok?

13. brokenarrow

brokenarrow Evil Genius

sorry Hook, I'm with the crowd on this one...

14. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

I am thinking that maybe all is not what it seems.......

HOOK, you dont seem like a guy that wants any special favors........

So spill it......:noidea:

15. Hook Em

I was just sayin.....:noidea:

Last edited: Apr 7, 2008
  16. J.A.G.

J.A.G. Senior Member

apparently someone does.

17. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

seems as though all is not well in Paris??

I think it needs a nickname......maybe.....

EARLY:noidea:

18. Hook Em

I've never been to France :noidea:

19. longcut36

longcut36 Senior Member

we let them at our club on local shoots. two called this past fri. and wanted to know if they could shoot on sat. I told them yes IF they would come early and help put up the targets. at our club we dont have any that want to work.one maybe two putting up 30 targets is a pain in the arse. just for the record, they didnt place so it was no advantage to them

20. CSS Shooter

CSS Shooter Senior Member

Hookem what has happened in the past is you could shoot it all in 1 day but some people have even had to shoot in a higher class for the weekend to do that and go bakc to thier regular class after that shoot. They are not going to let you come a day early and shoot it. Mike (ASA) would never let that happen. How did you and pink fair at TX. The Wife finished 12th in WBH and I finished 10th in Unlimited shooting A and B. Talk about rough courses. WOW. Hope this helps ya.

Chuck