Just got back from West Virginia Hunting Trip!

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by Werd, Nov 22, 2007.

1. Werd

Werd Senior Member

This wasn't a bow hunting trip but it was still a blast and paid off very well

[​IMG]
    A black bear that my dad got a picture of. Im scared of them. lol
    [​IMG]
    West Virginia Mountains
    [​IMG]
    Finally got what i was looking for

2. Werd

Werd Senior Member

[​IMG]
    The outcome of the hunt. Left to right..~ 8 pt, 4 pt, 7pt, spike, 6 pt.
    [​IMG]
    :faint: I got this second day ( tuesday ) 7 pt, no brow tines and no g4 i believe. He would of made a really nice 10. Im happy with what he is tho:laugh: One of the biggest ive ever seen

3. bullfiddle

bullfiddle Movin on up!!!

Glad ya finally got him Drew....:biggrin1: Looks like yall had a pretty good trip...:thumb:

4. Dredly

Dredly Site Guru

well done.

how many shots did it take ya? :D

5. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

how many shots is it going to take you to kill that 6 you keep wounding???:frusty:

6. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

congrats drew, way to go buddy........

7. Dredly

Dredly Site Guru

I'm thinking 2 more before he just gives up and dies.

The only deer I saw in Maine looked exactly like the 6 I've shot twice... I think he is following me :frusty:

8. 'SIN'ERGY

'SIN'ERGY Senior Member

Good job Drew, nothin better than hunting with family and friends..

9. compoundxx75

compoundxx75 Member

Only took him one shot for each. Spike in the neck and 7pt inch above and back of front shoulder. Both excellent shots that dropped them in their tracks:clap2: :whoo: saved me money on shells this year.

10. Holy Smokes

Holy Smokes Senior Member

now that is just toooo sweet fellars
    I love it/:biggrin1: :biggrin1: :biggrin1: :peace:

11. Dredly

Dredly Site Guru

good job! :peace: What is that like 5 deer this year so far?

12. Werd

Werd Senior Member

My dad has 2 doe, I have a b buck and 2 buck and one doe. So, 6 so far all together and 4 for me this year, Me and my dad are down to just buck and my sister has 2 doe tags and a buck yet. Last year first day she had a spike 30 yards from her...guess what she was doing :sleep: :sleep: :laugh:

13. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

I thought you had other pics....you were going to post......

14. Werd

Werd Senior Member

Which ones? Of W.V.?

15. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

didint you say you and your sister got deer or somthing???

16. compoundxx75

compoundxx75 Member

We go to WVa every year and it is a blast. Just 5 of us are allowed to hunt almost 500 acres of mountain range. We have went to an all bucks only. 4 years ago they had a bad set of snow storms,61" in a few days, that circled the deer and they lost most of the herd. So we went to no doe and only buck and this is the second year we have taken 5 buck out. We have seen the quality of buck go up and the amount of doe have made a remarkable comeback. Quality management does work. The results after the storm years were as slow at first but now have picked up.
    We are allowed 1 buck with our regular tag and if you purchase and extra buck tag you must do it before the season starts so this year I got Drew one since he has had the luck down there. So we were able to take 3 deer between me and him. It paid off since good ole dad got to watch bear this year and not much of the deer:cool: . I had a blast with the bear, monday mother and 2 cubs, tuesday lone bear approx. 100 to 150lbs and wed. lone bear, in the pic, approx. 250 to 300lbs. These were my guesses at weights. Dont know how close they are because they were the first ones I had seen that close. What an experience.:D
    Total for the camp with 5 guys with 8 tags was 5 for 8. And I got to hold the boys spike because there was no way he was letting me near that 7 pt for the pic. Dont think I blame him. So thats my story from WVa this year. Good luck to all with your seasons and be safe.
    PS I know this was in another thread but there was one fatality that I heard of in WVa the first day. 67 year old fell out of an old wooden treestand. So please inspector your equipment and use a safety harness!!!!

17. Ronhop

Ronhop RIP

Nice work guys...

Ron

18. Dredly

Dredly Site Guru

How big is your family? Figure at least 75 pounds of meat per deer... you are looking at over 400 pounds of venison... wow

19. Werd

Werd Senior Member

3 of us that hunt, Family of 4. I got 3 doe tags this year, my dad got 2 and my sister got 2. Then in W.V. we are capable of shooting 3 buck. We usually have guys from my dads work that want deer, so we give them some. we usually end up with 3-5 in the freezer... alot of steaks for me :biggrin1:

20. STRO

STRO get'n rid of target panic

Can you come and help process some deer here in Illinois. Those are average size deer and I don't think I could get 75 pounds of meat out of two of them. Do you eat hoof?