Just got home from Wabash

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by rodney482, Aug 9, 2008.

1. rodney482

rodney482 I love this stuff

Well I shot the African side this morning. It was pretty cool and had a great time.

Met several of the FBSA guys:hug:

weather was sunny and 70 with a light breeze...Perfect!!

I ended up with a 536 without the extra 25 points for the handicap.

Looking forward to finishing up tomorrow.

The FBSA guys took the course early and was done by 11:00 they shot the american side.

They have the rest of the day to get fatter:lol:

2. Wheely

Wheely Wheely Threads

Wow! Is there not many people. That is getting through a course pretty fast.

No Pics?:noidea:

3. rodney482

My group was allowed to pass some larger groups we ended up being the first group done on the african side.

When we left they had signed in almost 400 shooters

by the way I was shootin bowhunter,,so I think I will get an extra 50 points added to my total...

longest shot i took was 45 yds with the shortest being 10 yds.

I got a few pics on my phone, I will take some more tomorrow.

Fiddle, Slice, Ronhop and few others were the first group out on the NA side

Last edited: Aug 9, 2008
  4. jdawg240

jdawg240 BOWNUTS

Bullfiddle,Slice,Myself and Slice's buddy Aaron were the first 4 off both days. We started at 7:40 Saturday and finished at 11:15. today we started at 7:15 and finished at 10:45.. It wasnt crowded for us becasue Bull was there at 5:30 am shooting his bow in the dark and wakeing us up:laugh: :laugh: . Thanks for the coffee again:peace: :peace:

5. kbohunt

kbohunt are u a fat boy?

ha

thats really good shootin rodney..out of 550 and out to 45yds cool
    you should get the 1000 pin easy 'wtg:rockon:

6. Wheely

Wheely Wheely Threads

For people traveling to this shoot, I figured it would take longer than that to shoot the courses, crowded or Not :dizzy:

7. rodney482

it was actually out of 600 on the African side I ended up 6th out of about 180 shooters

I finished the NA side today with a 525 which put me in 23 rd out of 180. I got my pin and had a great time!

8. kbohunt

kbohunt are u a fat boy?

allright

Awesome rodney great job:rockon:

9. Ronhop

Ronhop RIP

I am still at whats left of the R100 sitting next to my tent using a wireless courtesy of Helen And Josh from B&B.

Nice people for sure and great hosts.

To sum up....

We had great food and a great time and nice shooting. It was a lot of fun.

Wheels, almost all of us were on the course between 7:30 and 8:00 AM. We really blew through each course on each day. Some of us split between African vs. NA on first vs. second day. Both courses were quite a bit different but a lot of fun. It was a bit nuts getting up early but it would have been nuttier if we didn't and had to wait. Heck, some of those shoot times must have been literally 2 hours longer than our times.

B&B was a great host and continue to be for me, considering I'm probably 1 of 10 left here from the shoot.

The count for the shoot was about 450 people total according to semi-official records. Official records might indicate more.

There were fewer people today than yesterday however there were people coming off the African course well after the score card turn in time.

Since I'm still camping here and typing this from a lawn chair next to my tent I just might hit the range a bit and then start a campfire and just chill out.

100 targets + a bunch of range time to get a stubborn archer and bow to get a clue has been a bit taxing. A few beers before crashing will be a nice thing sitting by a fire. I already had a fist full of Advil.

Pics will be coming but probably not for a bit. I didn;t take any so I'm not going to say when pics will be posted.

Pics of the feeding frenzy on Saturday evening will give everyone a 'taste' of what we enjoyed.

Thanks to all who showed up and thanks for the comraderie. We had a great time and I would do this again in a second.

Ron

10. Ronhop

Ronhop RIP

Yeah Rodney, I saw your name on the magic R100 scrolling screen. Nice job man and nice to meet you.

Ron

11. rodney482

it was my pleasure,,i had a great time it was nice to put a face with the name.

Big thanks goes out to Slice the shirts looked great and I thought we represented well.

I am truly spoiled to have a place like Bass and Bucks near me. All the Butchers are great and they make you feel like you are at home.