Just introducing myself to the forum

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by Jay284, Aug 9, 2008.

1. Jay284

Jay284 Shoot straight!

I didnt know if this was the place to do it, but I thought that since I am brand new to this forum, I should introduce myself!

My name is Jason, but my friends calls me Jay. I was born and raised in Cleveland Ohio (I know, this place sucks). I joined the Army when I was 17, left for basic training when I was 18, and served about five honorable years in the Infantry with the 101st Airborne. I deployed to Iraq twice, and learned a lot about myself while I was there (obviously)

My experience in the Army has definitely made me a better hunter! I learned basic marksmanship skills that I have carried over to hunting! I am far better with a rifle than I am with a bow, but I am definitely working on that!

I look forward to getting to know all of you, and hope that we can establish a good friendship! I have looked over a lot of the forum, and noticed that a lot of people give their props to the military, so I just want to thank you all for that right now! Too many people blame the soldiers instead of the government for what we are involved in, and I am glad that at least some people appreciate the things that we do!

-Jay

2. Wheely

Wheely Wheely Threads

Welcome to the forum Jay!!

3. MoSkeeter0311

MoSkeeter0311 New Member

:welcome: :welcome: :welcome:
    First of all....Let me thank you for your service and all what you guys are accomplishing overseas.:usa: Also let me welcome you to the site. There are a lot of knowledgable people on this site ( of which I'm not one unfortunately) and a lot can be attained here. I strictly hunt and don't do 3-d or spots so I can't be of help there. Just ask your questions and someone will be able to help.

This is a great family-orientated site and usually everyone is friendly.

Plus congrats...The 101st is a well-honored outfit. Be proud.:usa2:

4. Werd

Werd Senior Member

:welcome: to the forum. You will deffiantly learn a lot on here. Thank you for serving OUR country and making this a better place to live.

5. Jay284

Jay284 Shoot straight!

Thank you :) I am very proud of the 101st and its history! I know that I am a part of it now, and that cant ever be taken away from me!

Thank you for the welcome!

6. kbohunt

kbohunt are u a fat boy?

hi there

:welcome: To the forum
    and thankyou for your service that put in we are very thankfull for people like you.
    you need any help with archery we can help just post-up..post-often
    and you will get a responce
    this is a family sight alot of fathers sons whole familys shoot togeather here
    and again thankyou
    kenny:wave:

7. :welcome: to the site, I hope you enjoy it here like the majority does

8. Jay284

Jay284 Shoot straight!

Thanks to everyone for such a warm welcome! I already enjoy myself here a lot! I cant wait to contribute even more!

9. red44

red44 Senior Member

Well Jay, all I can say is welcome and thanks for giving of yourself in service of our country. Jump on in, the water's fine.

10. Michael_Swisher

Michael_Swisher New Member

Hey jay i am new too so thanks for starting a new thread for us new guys I am 13 years old and i live in Oregon Long live the rain. I have pretend to do what you did in the armed services but i dont think video games are the same:laugh:
    but thanks for letting us new guys introduse ourselves

11. Jay284

Jay284 Shoot straight!

Thats how they got me! I was addicted to those shooter games, I thought it was cool, and next thing I knew, I was in Iraq getting shot at FOR REAL, lol

Anyways, welcome to the forum! I have only been here 1 day, and I love this place! There is so much information to absorb here, and everyone seems so friendly!

12. Paul S.

Paul S. I do not follow!

I wished I'd have seen this before your thread in the hunting section...but welcome, and thanks for serving your country.:wave:

13. dbdcougar

dbdcougar He Who Drops His Bow Arm

I'm originally from sort of your general area; grew up between Akron and Canton. :welcome:

14. MichiganHunter

MichiganHunter Senior Member

15. J.C.

J.C. New Member

:welcome: to the forum, Jay.......:wave: :wave:

16. bullfiddle

bullfiddle Movin on up!!!

17. Slice

Slice The Fobinator

:usa2: :wave: Hello and :welcome: to the forum. :usa:

18. bwiz

bwiz New Member

Welcome

:welcome: :welcome: :welcome: And glad to have you! Fellow Ohioian!

BWiz

19. jkcerda

jkcerda the GOON squad POSEE

:welcome: :rockon:

20. Rhustek

Rhustek New Member

Welcome Jay!

I am ex-military myself (Airforce) and also am just getting into the archery scene. I was also pretty good with the rifle but find archery much more challenging, fun, and easier on the ears! This site has and still is greatly helping me learn about archery. I am shooting mostly 3D right now and plan on shooting spots this winter indoors.

I am north of you in Clarkston, Michigan. If you have any questions do not hesitate to ask, if we do not know the answer we can learn together!