Just wondering

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by wolf, Nov 16, 2006.

1. wolf

wolf Junior Member

What bow seems to be the most popular in your area? What do you shoot and why.

2. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

im my area.....the Switchback Xt is very popular.....theres a ton of guys shooting it.....not for me.....I have the original.....feels the best at the shot in my hands.....

3. BowhuntnHoosier

BowhuntnHoosier Bisquit.......

Definately the SB XT around here. Followed closely by the Bowtech Allegiance. Ok not so closely about 10-1.

4. roosevelt

roosevelt Junior Member

i see alot of martins around here for some reason, i shoot a hoyt ultra tec, i love how it shoots, i am looking into getting a bowtech tomcat too for the axle to axle length, i want a shorter bow for brushy 1st season. i see a couple mathews and bowtech bows as well, me and my two partners shoot hoyts, they are tough, we do alot of walking in thick stuff 'round here:biggrin1:

5. slamdam

slamdam Senior Member

Mathews and Hoyt

6. Ronhop

Ronhop RIP

Most people around here shoot Bowtech, Matthews, Diamond, PSE and Martin. PSE's probably outnumber the rest of them. That's probably because those are what the local shop specialize in. There are only a few retailers around here that have ligitimate archery departments and that's what they sell.

I shoot a Bowtech Allegiance. I like it because it felt the most comfortable for me. I also have a Diamond Victory as a second bow.

Ron

7. tek

tek Senior Member

I would say its a toss up between Hoyt and Mathews with Bowtec being a very distant 3rd.

I shoot Hoyts right now but I just sold 2 other brands of bows. I am not brand loyal, if I like it I will shoot it.

8. papito

papito Petering it since 06

The xt in my area is the most popular. Go matthews:amen:

9. big scores

big scores banned from AT

mostly hoyt and bowtech. but mathew and darton are also up there.

10. Scablands

Scablands Member

I have Bowtech, Martin and Elite.
    Friends-1W/ Martin
    2W/ Mathews
    1W/ Pse
    1W/ Xi
    1W/ Bowtech
    1W/ Martin

11. Dredly

Dredly Site Guru

really depends what shop you got to... there are more mathews shooters at the mathews shop and more Bowtech shooters at the bowtech shop :)

12. brokenarrow

brokenarrow Evil Genius

Definitely Mathews is the most common, but Hoyt and PSE are close behind.

13. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

what no bowtech dealers in the lower ulster county area?
    hey brokenarrow who is the local PSE dealer.?...

14. brokenarrow

brokenarrow Evil Genius

The biggest dealer around here is GM. I do see some Bowtechs, Dartons, Martins, Bears...... Just not as many as the other 3 :noidea:

15. Blue Mts

Blue Mts Junior Member

Longbow

I shoot a J. D. Berry longbow and I mostly go to nothing but tradional tournaments where there are alot of J. D. Berry longbows. I shoot a longbow after years of shooting a compound and just wanted to go back to the tradional way.

16. longcut36

longcut36 Senior Member

here its mathews and hoyts. i shot mathews untill about a year ago.now shoot martin bows with the X cams. best change i ever made.

17. bfisher

bfisher Senior Member

Around here it's the usual Mathews, Bowtech and Hoyt crap. I shoot verious Martins. Why? Because I'm an individual with a mind of my own.

18. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

who wont conform and does not like to give in to the MAN......:biggrin1:

19. I have seen pretty much a mix of all of them, more hoyts and Bowtechs. I have seen quite a few guys using older bows that are 10 and 20+ years old.

20. Dredly

Dredly Site Guru

Damn the man! Save the empire!