KBH How close Are Ya to Fort Belvior

Discussion in 'Bowhunting forum' started by Holy Smokes, Apr 30, 2007.

1. Holy Smokes

Holy Smokes Senior Member

I have read some great reviews about this Army Post up in Northern Va.
    I understand it bow only?
    Ever been there? Smokes

2. kbohunt

kbohunt are u a fat boy?

Northern va

Nope iv never been there.
    I do know in northern va they closed deer season about 7 years ago, the deer were all over the place & they had to re-open 2 years ago some huge bucks were taken up there.
    If youve got a map i live in the corner of powatan & amelia county im about 20 miles from camp pickett.
    I have hunted there & up near you in pulaskey county at radford army amunition plant giant bucks!!!:biggrin1:

3. Holy Smokes

Holy Smokes Senior Member

Yup heard about tha place never been there. I have always wanted ta go to Ft Belvior.
    Ya have ta git up there and go to a 1/2 day class and shoot and hit a paper plate size target 4 out of 5 times at 20 yards. <Cake>

4. kbohunt

kbohunt are u a fat boy?

paper plate

In all of the gov. dept. lands in virginia you have to take a short bowhunter test 20 questions multi choice<cake> & you have to shoot from a 12ft platform & hit 2 out of 3 nine inch paper plate at 20yds & 30yds <cake>
    You get a bowhunter card for that year on all Government department owned and operated land with restrictions on times your aloud to hunt & archer quota.
    Example: lottery drawings for 40 archers on radford, 10 on sat only every week for four weeks.