Kinda goes along with Bunny's poll

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by MoBowman, Feb 18, 2008.

1. MoBowman

MoBowman Senior Member

If you have a guy shooting a bow at 260 fps and another shooting at 320fps from the same stake and they both score the same, WHO is actually the better shot? The guy with the slower bow or the one that needs the speed to compensate for his inadequacy's [​IMG][​IMG]

2. Wheely

Wheely Wheely Threads

no way of knowing for sure

Does speed really make that big of difference on accuracy:noidea:

3. QSA

QSA One eyed/Gutless wonder

well for indoors heavy and slow is best. But fast is tricky to make good shoots. With speed the littlest flaw shows up big time. With lack of speed it shows less. Speed is good for lack of judgment. So in IBO speed is king because my judgement is for crap.(or is it?)

4. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

Speed makes a smaller window for mis judgeing yardage........

5. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

Today, NOT SO MUCH...........

today's speed bows are very shootable.........

but for the MOST PART, you need that long draw length to reach those speeds.........

6. BowhuntnHoosier

BowhuntnHoosier Bisquit.......

The guy shooting slower is a better yardage judge. Both are just as accurate a shooter. IMHO:wave:

7. STRO

STRO get'n rid of target panic

You guys all must have short man's syndrome. All this complaining about long draw shooters. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

note: this was a joke, do not take it the wrong way!!!

8. STRO

It's not my fault my draw is 30" and my bow shoots faster. So does this mean I can't judge yardage because my bow shoots faster. I feel I am pretty good at judging within 3 yards of the target. :noidea: :noidea: :noidea:

9. lungcutter

lungcutter Senior Member

Hey whats wrong with having a 26 1/2" - 27" draw length.:lol:

10. BowhuntnHoosier

BowhuntnHoosier Bisquit.......

Nope.......I'm just trying to make the Short Draw fella's feel better.:peace:

11. STRO

All in fun.:peace: :hug: :hug:

12. trussoni

trussoni Ninja Fighting Fool

I have like a 27&1/2" draw with a loop to make it like 28" or so and to be honest with you I dont see a lot of difference between that and say a 29" draw. Never put it to a scientific test or anything though. Just seems to me that if you can hit the target it does not matter if it takes a half a click longer to reach it as long as it gets to where you are aiming 3d shooting or hunting either way. More important than speed would be how quiet your bow is in an actual hunting situation. I dont think a critter cares if you hit it at 320fps or 280fps it will have a bad day either way if it does not hear it coming.Just my opinion....

13. J.C.

J.C. New Member

9 feet? c'mon you can do better than that.....:biggrin1:

14. Radar

Radar Story of my life

My supertec was superfast and if I made a bad shot it was really bad.....everyone has there trade offs

15. STRO

No, I can't, but as long as I my bow shoots fast it doesn't matter. Advantage my long draw length.:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

16. STRO

Where's dred on this one to clarify the draw length.:doh: :doh: :doh: