Kinetic energy

Discussion in 'Bowhunting forum' started by scottg, Sep 30, 2007.

1. kbohunt

kbohunt are u a fat boy?

No Problems!

Maybe its the weight or your DL might be a little over 30 in. that would make the bow produce over 70.:noidea:
    Hell you only need around 35 for deer so you've got twice that!:biggrin1:
    Im just gitten testey lately waitin all year for bowseason and its 6 more days!:frusty:

2. IChim2

IChim2 IChim2 and he's a shooter

I've got to go into town and get the propane tanks on the camper filled tomorrow and i'll swing buy the shop and recheck...got me 2nd guessing now.I do know that the bow was maxed out on DW which was 73lb's at the time i crono'ed.I am curious as to why i keep comming up with 503 gr's on those arrows...i'll recheck them 2.I always try to be honest when stateing anything.

3. IChim2

Kbohunt...went into the shop to day and recheck arrow wght....XX78 2512 pape's mossy oak ultra/lites @ 29.75...4" dura vanes,uni/bushing,nock,insert and 100gr fp... and speed.The total wght was 503/504 ea..wght 6 arrows.Reshot it through the chrono 4 times and got 262,263,263,261fps.not that it's a big deal but it did have me thinking about it...also rechecked the pounds and it was 72# and 30"dl.I don't know but thats what keeps comming up.

4. kbohunt

kbohunt are u a fat boy?

Wow!

Thats fast at that weight! KE 76.52
    Awesome IChime
    I think it was that the bow my bud was shootin was at 67lbs for each 1 gr of poundage is 2fps that means yours is 10fps faster and add more KE
    Hope ya slam and arrow thru a big one bud!:biggrin1:

5. IChim2

I don't want to set the wrong impression like i was bragging cause i'm not into the speed thing.I've always used a 500gr arrow and i guess with the 30" dl and shooting 70lbs+ the ke thing is always going to be there...not something that i try for..it just happens.Main thing is that most any bow on the market today will have enough ke if set up right will take most any animal in north america.Thanks kbo.

6. Dredly

Dredly Site Guru

isn't it awesome having long arms? hahaha

to all you little midgets out there shooting 26 and 27 inch DL's I got a smiley for ya!

:caked:

Fear the long arms! :biggrin1:

7. IChim2

Yeah..i guess if there's one thing that long arms are good for it would have to be archery....if you think about it...Bows are made for guys like us.:rockon:

8. scottg

scottg Guest

:doh: :doh: :doh: I did find one problem, my adjustable release was way too long. I did some checking and :doh: my release is adjustable. I had one of my sons take it and adjust shorter and try to shoot with it. The report is that he was much more comfortable and able to make a smoother draw. The other problem is that he says that he is keeping it since his is not adjustable.

No problem, he bought his bow, I can give him a good release to help him. I have another on the way and will be there when I get home in 2 weeks.

I think the DL problem is solved, now to get the sticks re-cut and ready.

9. lungcutter

lungcutter Guest

I shoot 74.5lbs of KE and I have yet to have an arrow stay in a deer. Now groundhogs for some reason seem to get away with my arrows every once in a while:doh:

With a 350 carbon express with wraps and a rage broadhead with a lighted luminock. It gets expensivwe to hunt when you loose an arrow. They cost more than a box of rifle ammo.