Kisser Buttons

Discussion in 'Bowhunting forum' started by Bobcat03, Sep 5, 2008.

1. Bobcat03

Bobcat03 New Member

Is it better to have one or not.

2. J.C.

J.C. New Member

I have used them in the past, but dont now. Alot of people swear by them, but if I were going to use one I would place it where I could use an upper tooth as a reference point as opposed to the corner of your mouth, which doesnt seem very repeatable to me.

3. MagnifiedFur

MagnifiedFur Team 6

I used 10lb fishing line and tied a triple knot where the string touched my nose..You can feel it just the same as a mouth kisser...

4. Slice

Slice The Fobinator

I swear by it because I do not use a peep sight.

5. fstgstdsmpay

fstgstdsmpay Adam of Archery Outfitter

if your not using a peep then I would always suggest one. But i dont think there needed otherwise

6. MichiganHunter

MichiganHunter Senior Member

+1 ..... im the same way.

7. J.Blay

J.Blay New Member

The more contact points, the better, for me.

8. BowhuntnHoosier

BowhuntnHoosier Bisquit.......

Never used one and probably never will. Not that there is anything wrong with them just something else I would have to worry about.:tape:

9. MagnifiedFur

MagnifiedFur Team 6

I see alot of new shooters using them,if the kisser is not where it should be then something is wrong...

10. Holy Smokes

Holy Smokes Senior Member

I have used one for 24 yrs
    i bring to my nose
    this helps me to have my head in the proper position and also center the string with the center of my body which is s desired form style
    it also helps me to have a double anchor point
    luv it.:hug:

11. Tenderfoot

Tenderfoot New Member

Theoretically, according to ulmer dude, "webbing" up your anchoring is best. Anchor at the nose, the kisser, the peep window, and your hand on your face. If all of those are anchored on and one is a bit off, you should still be shooting axactly the same every shot. 1 is good, but 5 is better.

I use a kisser and peep to lign up, and anchor on my cheekbone because jawbone /face fat can be inconsitant.