Ladies and gentlemen it is FINALLY raining here in SC

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by Southernfryedyankee, Oct 24, 2007.

1. Southernfryedyankee

Southernfryedyankee Senior Member

We needed rain SOOOOOOOOOOO BAD, maybe now I will see a deer to shoot

2. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

the deer shrivled up and turned to dust.....loong agoooo:laugh:

3. Werd

Werd Senior Member

yankee...you see your avatar. Im going to have to mount one of them to my stand here soon????:p

4. Southernfryedyankee

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

5. Werd

Werd Senior Member

:pound: knew you would laugh to that one. I was laughing myself there for a while.

6. kbohunt

kbohunt are u a fat boy?

Here too!

Its Raining here for the next 2 days!:rockon: :rockon: :rockon:
    You would have thought it Snowed around here!:laugh:

7. QSA

QSA One eyed/Gutless wonder

No bunny that is what happened here. Lakes are going down fast

8. XxHolleyxX

XxHolleyxX Junior Member

I'm in S.C. also. This was almost the longest drought in recorded history for the state. The worst ones before this were in 1925 and 1954, (-18.1" rainfall) and we were are almost at those levels. I sat in a tower stand this evening just to watch it rain. Got 1 1/2"....it's a start!

XxHolleyxX

9. MoSkeeter0311

MoSkeeter0311 New Member

Welcome to the forumn Holly:peace: :wave: :wave:

10. Holy Smokes

Holy Smokes Senior Member

:welcome: Holley
    We are at 17.3 " which is tha lowest we have had that was before it started ta rain and looked on my rain gauge this am and we have had 1.5 " as well
    I hail from Williamston ,Anderson county ,where are ya from there in tha Queen state of tha Southland

11. XxHolleyxX

XxHolleyxX Junior Member

Thanks for the welcomes! I'm from a tiny town called Batesburg-Leesville, which is about 30 miles west of Columbia.

Hope we get into at least a semi-regular rainfall pattern. Finally might be able to do some fall planting!

XxHolleyxX

12. jcmorgan31

jcmorgan31 Prodigal Son

I went to Atlanta a couple weeks ago and Allatoona Lake looked about 20 feet low....:scared:

I've seen that lake many times on my way to and from Savannah Ga when I was in the service, but this time it looked kinda pathetic....

I saw a lot of nice green lawns in the city though......:noidea:

13. Hook Em

Hook Em Slippy for President

Our pond on our lease was about 20 feet down for the last couple years...until this year. Now it is at max capacity! We will send our rain your way for the rest of the year!

14. Leebo

Leebo Junior Member

Holley we come down your way a good bit. You can't beat that Shealy's BBQ.I live in the upstate in the Pelzer area.

15. Southernfryedyankee

What part of SC holley?

16. XxHolleyxX

XxHolleyxX Junior Member

About 30 miles west of Columbia.

I'm about 1.5 miles from Shealys....yep, excellent BBQ! We'll have to meet up there sometime. Also try Hites BBQ about another mile down the road...they still cook over hickory. Much smaller, and not as much selection, but it's nice for a change every now and then. My family usually goes there on Sunday afternoons when Shealys isnt open.

XxHolleyxX

17. Leebo

Leebo Junior Member

Will do Holley. Are you a member of any achery clubs in the area? Always looking for somewhere to loose arrows.:laugh:

18. Southernfryedyankee

I think there is an archery target range relatively close to me in Rock hill Maybe like 30-40 minutes away

19. Leebo

Leebo Junior Member

I'll have to check into that. I use to play a lot of softball tournaments in Rockhill. Which direction are you from Rockhill? Its probaly about an hour and half from here.

20. Southernfryedyankee

im in rock hill