land issues are a pain but......

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by freeds_01, Aug 1, 2008.

1. freeds_01

freeds_01 New Member

I've read about a few having land issues. Sorry to hear that is a problem. I live in the u.p. of michigan and there is so much land, I rarely see another hunter where I go. If I could house everyone for a week, I'd give everyone a great place to hunt.

2. BowhuntnHoosier

BowhuntnHoosier Bisquit.......

Sounds great. But I need an address.:lol: :wave:

3. bullfiddle

bullfiddle Movin on up!!!

Hey Frank pick me up it's on your way.....:wave: :wave: :wave:

4. MichiganHunter

MichiganHunter Senior Member

haha.... i live closer!

5. freeds_01

freeds_01 New Member

If you guys ever come up around marquette county way let me know your coming, I could figure some stand locations for you, but you gotta be willing to walk a little.

6. majorleaguedobberman

majorleaguedobberman New Member

7. jdawg240

jdawg240 BOWNUTS

I hunted up by Iron Mountian years ago with my Great uncle and great Granfather...Big Country up there. You could walk for miles and miles and not see a eprson or a road for that matter..I remember my uncle tellling me not to wander around. Sit down and stay put he told me....Didnt see any deer but it was a beatiful place for sure.

8. MichiganHunter

MichiganHunter Senior Member

i love it up there. i havent been up there in years and would like to go agian. ive been thinkin about looking into getting some land up there.

9. J.Blay

J.Blay New Member

Thanks for the invite. You're only a couple hundred miles north of me. If the grouse hunters drive me out of my favorite spots again this year, I may take you up on it. They even came through a little 40 acre swamp; shooting, hollering and blowing whistles at their dogs. I saw no other hunters there in previous years. They have just as much right to public land as I do, but I saw no effort to show consideration for us bowhunters at all, except one guy saw me going in and asked where to avoid disturbing my hunt. Sorry to get so far off topic. I guess I'm still holding some resentment. Oh, by the way,:welcome: I hope to see more posts from you , soon.

10. jdawg240

jdawg240 BOWNUTS

It's a unavoidable situatuion..I walked right under a guy a couple years back chaseing timberdoodles... I felt like an ass for doing so but on state land you never know.