lighted nock question

Discussion in 'Bowhunting forum' started by hoyt_hunter007, Feb 9, 2007.

1. hoyt_hunter007

hoyt_hunter007 Senior Member

i was thinking about trying some lighted nocks for hunting next year. Does anyone on here use them....what are your thoughts?

I read somewhere about a nock that is activated by a magnet on the bow's riser, i cant remember the name of it for sure....anybody else know what im talking about?

2. Dredly

Dredly Site Guru

i think the Luminocks are activated by the force of the string release. Some people love them if that helps.

3. hoyt_hunter007

yeah i know the lumenoks work by shoving the nock farther into the arrow.....i was kinda curious about the magnetic one, sounds like a neat idea, it turns on when it passes by the magnet, then when you go get your arrow, you pass it back by the magnet and it turns off. anybody:noidea:

4. hoyt_hunter007

i think i found them....its called "tracer arrow"

5. Dredly

Dredly Site Guru

just a side note... i heard last year that some states weren't allowing them or P&Y weren't allowing deer harvest to be registered or something... I can't remember but you may want to look into it.

it was something about electric devices and hunting

6. hoyt_hunter007

i know a couple guys that hunt with them, so i assume they are ok in iowa, but i will check first.

7. kg4cpj

kg4cpj Junior Member

Fire nocks

The nocks you are refering too are the Fire nocks they use a magnet to activate them and they stay on till you turn them off. They work very well.

8. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

at the shop were I work there was a guy that was using them......he put the on and started having flight issues....turns out the arrow was contacting the magnet on the way by....

9. STRO

STRO get'n rid of target panic

I think they look very interesting and would like to use them but they are so darn expensive. Am I right that the lumenoks are 10 bucks apiece. After you buy your arrows, wrap them, fletch them, put a ten dollar broadhead on, and if you have a lumenok on you're looking at a 30 dollar arrow. You could have a quiver full that costs a 150 dollars. You better make sure you get full recovery of arrow and everything else.

10. red44

red44 Senior Member

I used them last season for the first time. LOVE THEM. I've sometimes had a hard time actually seeing where I hit on an animal, no more. A 3-pack should last you quite a while. I don't have them on all the arrows but just a couple. I have'nt noticed any flight problems, but be sure to shoot them with your broadheads prior just to be sure. They are fun to target shoot with at long distances, and if you have flight issues, it really shows up!

11. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

why are you watching the flight of your arrow????

someone else should be doing this while you are following thru......

12. Holy Smokes

Holy Smokes Senior Member

Do ya reckon he might be able to do em both at the same time? You know there are some really talented folks out there, just ask Dreadly. HS

13. justiadak

justiadak Member

I use lumanocks and they are great for hunting and there was no need to resight in they flew great there 8 dollors each from www.bowhunterssuperstore.com
    :peace:

14. red44

red44 Senior Member

I thought that WAS following though. You know, just as you release, quickly move your head to watch the arrow's magical flight.:doh: :Cry: :laugh:

15. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

:biggrin1: :biggrin1: magical flight yeah thats it......

magical flight something uncle ted talks about.........

16. STRO

STRO get'n rid of target panic

Rock on Uncle Ted!!!! :rockon:

I love it when everytime he picks up his arrow, looks at it and says, "Where have we seen this before"

17. MonsterBuckHunter

MonsterBuckHunter Junior Member

Good Info guys. I was thinking the same thing. I'm going to give them a try this season.