Limb Driver and Sword

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by jcmorgan31, Apr 7, 2008.

1. jcmorgan31

jcmorgan31 Prodigal Son

Got a couple new toys in the shop and just wanted to let you guys know my opinion on them.

1. Vapor Trail Limb Driver.

I really like this drop away. I was hesitant to shoot one because of an issue I have with one of their big name staff shooters, but there are no alternatives like it out there. There are two things I really like about this rest. First, because the launcher blade is activated by the limb returning to its resting position, the launcher stays up and guides the arrow much longer than most other rests. The launcher blade doesn't start to drop until the label is passing by. Secondly, it is not attached to a cable. This will make a difference on any dual cam bow because drop aways that attach to a cable will pull the bottom cam out of time at full draw. These things are easy to intall and set up. I am definitely sold on this rest.

2. Sword Acu-Site Titan.

What a great sight! This thing is built like a tank. The fit and finish is outstanding. Adjustment of the vertical and horizontal are tight and precise. Couple things I really like. When you loosen the knob on the riser mounting block, the sight will not fall out. It has a ball detent system the keeps it there until you move it. Dual scope rods. Your scope can not rotate on the shot. Price. Getting this sight with a scope and a lens for under $300 is awesome.

Just though I'd share my thoughts. :peace:

2. trussoni

trussoni Ninja Fighting Fool

they make an all around excellent product in my opinion.

3. jcmorgan31

jcmorgan31 Prodigal Son

Absolutely. I got in 4 different models the other day and every one is a great sight.....

4. bullfiddle

bullfiddle Movin on up!!!

Have I not been telling you this for almost a year now Morgan....:noidea: :lol:

5. Hook Em

Hook Em Slippy for President

If the Sword is built like a tank, wouldn't it be to heavy to go on a bow?

I'm Just sayin... :noidea:

6. bullfiddle

Hey Hook why don't ya ask your wife so she can hit ya over the head with her Sword 3rd plane....:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

7. Hook Em

hey...I have one too so I can defend myself! Plus her batteries are out of juice in hers so I could blind her when she was coming at me!

8. jcmorgan31

jcmorgan31 Prodigal Son

I weighed a Sureloc Supreme and the Titan and there was only about 2 oz difference. :thumb:

9. jcmorgan31

jcmorgan31 Prodigal Son

Yes Bull, you have been. Wish I had listened sooner....:noidea:

10. Hook Em

I woulda got the Titan if I didn't already have 2 surelocs!

11. jcmorgan31

jcmorgan31 Prodigal Son

So sell the surelocs and buy yourself 4 Titans....:laugh:

12. bullfiddle

The Fiddle knows quality when he see it....:noidea:

13. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

My thoughts on the SWORD LINE OF SIGHTS........:rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon:

MY thoughts on the limb Driver........not so much :rockon: I do not care for them......

But I do think I will be selling at least one of my Sure-loc, and getting a Titan, we have a bunch of Swords coming in this week......

I really like that detent feature.......IT MAKES THE SIGHT......even the 3rd planes have double scope rods:rockon: :rockon:

14. Maybee-R

Maybee-R Member

I also have a 3rd plane and the Titan with 0.19 There nice enough I sold a hogg-it with a wrap. and My Sure-loc. I let Michael talk me in to trying out the Limb driver and I have to admit its awesome. better than my Trophy taker and I never thought I would say that.

15. RxBowhunterKS

RxBowhunterKS Paddle in water

I have the Sword Titan and the 3rd plane micro. They are both awesome sights! Don't forget that for the same price the Titan comes with not only the scope and lens but ALSO an adjustable light. Rock solid and packed with value!

16. jdawg240

jdawg240 BOWNUTS

I just ordered a 3rd plane micro..Cant wait to get it!

17. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

your right, trust me, YOU CANT WAIT......

18. Fasst

Fasst Bring on the Pain

Both great products IMO. And by the way, if you search the Sword sight battery numbers on ebay, there's a guy that sells them by the 100. I ordered 200, shipped, for $8.88 That's less than the last single set I bought at Wal Mart. :laugh:

19. Hook Em

200 batteries? you know you don't have to leave the light on all the time man...global warming and all :biggrin1:

20. Fasst

Fasst Bring on the Pain

I am the worlds worst about remembering to turn it off between shots. 200 batteries were way cheaper than an LP light....lmao