Long Shot Competition

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by Hook Em, Aug 25, 2007.

1. Hook Em

Hook Em Slippy for President

At our 3D shoot today we had a long shot competition for a Glendale buck target....about 110 yds. I got 6" from the dot, but the winner was only about 1.5" away. Man that was tough! In the wind a bit (blowing at us mostly) and I only had about 90 yds out of my scope so I just had to aim a couple feet over the target. Didn't win, but didn't lose any arrows shooting at it either. I had never shot that far before....

2. QSA

QSA One eyed/Gutless wonder

I went to a church shoot today. There long shot was cool. For a big bag target, 60 foot tall bank you shot from the top. the bag was about 48 yards down and out. I shot and left. I have some throgh away arrows for those kind off shoots. I left someone was on the quarter size dot you had to hit.

3. BowhuntnHoosier

BowhuntnHoosier Bisquit.......

Thats awsome shootin there Hook. I have never shot at anything over about 60 yards. 1.5" from the dot at 110 yards dude thats just crazy. I don't think I could hit an elephant at 110 yards.:lol:

4. QSA

QSA One eyed/Gutless wonder

Have you ever been to the R100? This year in Barnesville the iron buck went back to 110 yards. It is a steel plate cut out of a deer shape the incert is foam. The two that made it that far one had a 90 yard mark and the other had a 90 yard pin. They were just shooting with luck.

5. brokenarrow

brokenarrow Evil Genius

That's great Hook...I love long shots...Just about every shoot here has a long shot usually 100yrd on the rifle range...some have steel targets, though they set them under 30...