Lookin for a good 3d rest?

Discussion in 'Bowhunting forum' started by mx309, Feb 20, 2008.

1. mx309

mx309 hoyt alphamax 32

Whats the going opion on a good 3d rest? My buddy just put a vapot trail limbsaver on his bow. I was using a drop zone and had good luck with it. Just wondering what I should go with.

2. archer1983

archer1983 New Member

TT :thumb:

3. jessetjames

jessetjames Junior Member

i have the nap 360:rockon: :rockon:

4. dbdcougar

dbdcougar He Who Drops His Bow Arm

Since 3D is just practice for deer season for me I use a WB. Nothing to go wrong in the nasty stuff. Guess it depends why you shoot 3D.

5. Skewtir

Skewtir New Member

See, now this is what my dilemma is...I use 3D for gearing up to hunt, however, I'm extremely competitive and so I'm always looking for that extra edge for the shoots. I have a WB on the huntin' bow, but I'm thinkin' about replacing it with the QAD Ultra Pro or the Spot Hogg Whammy. This will allow me to shoot the hunting setup regardless if I'm shootin' the course or hunting and I'll be able to do away with the second rig...well, at least my 3D rig. Then I'll only have to worry about field setup and my 3D/hunting setup....argh!!!...those stinkin' decisions :doh: :doh:

6. dbdcougar

dbdcougar He Who Drops His Bow Arm

Yep; you have to decide why you're out there. If I was concerned about really being competitive I'd probably set up a whole new rig - which isn't a wrong choice - but it defeats why I'm out there. My daughter doesn't want to hunt so the equipment choices are different for her. I won't have anything but a WB on a hunting bow; a rest failure on a good animal would cost me a new bow. (Because my current one would be worthless after I sent it sailing through the woods!) :Cry: :D

7. Ohioarcher

Ohioarcher VaporTrail Staff Shooter

I had a very similar dilemma, I did away with my 3D rig and now only shoot the hunting rig for both with the WB. However; I have another dilemma now. I also shoot traditional and now I need to decide if I want to only shoot one for the 3D season or switch back and forth for different shoots.....:frusty:

8. kbohunt

kbohunt are u a fat boy?

hi there

I shoot off a Trophy Taker/short arm
    So far its great:biggrin1:

9. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

10. Holy Smokes

Holy Smokes Senior Member

to many moving parts ta break or mess up for me fellars
    kiss

11. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

:noidea: :noidea:

ITS THE MOST SIMPLE DROPAWAY ON THE PLANET:doh:

12. Holy Smokes

Holy Smokes Senior Member

still to many moving parts
    sooner on latter its gonna go

13. pred8er

pred8er He who eats fuzzy animals

Is your drop zone broken? If not, save your money, there is nothing wrong with that rest. If it is, I would recommend a Trophy Taker. Is simple and works as a hunting rest also.

14. BowhuntnHoosier

BowhuntnHoosier Bisquit.......

Another vote for the TT. Unless you are going to hunt with it too, then I would go with the Ripcord.:peace: JMHO

15. trussoni

trussoni Ninja Fighting Fool

I use a whisker biscuit but I have not ever shot in a tourney or a league so my opinion dont matter on this one I suppose.

16. Ronhop

Ronhop RIP

I've been using a NAP quicktune 3000 for a few years for hunting and 3D. It's a pretty simple douple prong rest that has 3 very simple adjustments for tuning. I am considering the CJ Scardy Cat Pro though... A few people have socialized their opinions on that rest and all has been positive.

It seems to me that the Trophy Ridge has a lot of moving parts. I don't like a lot of moving parts. They make me nervous. I see Smokes point on that...

I do have a Mathews fall away on my Ovation and it works excellent. Everything is sealed up against dirt and such and it works like a charm. Problem is that it's made specifically for Mathews bows. I'd like to try one on my 82nd Airborne but it don't fit the riser...

Ron

17. J-Daddy

J-Daddy Do Work!

TrophyTaker

I've shot TrophyTaker rests for almost 10years now for both 3-D & Hunting and they have never let me down....The VaporTrail Limbdriver would be the only other fall away rest out there that I would consider on my bows but I'm more than happy with TrophyTaker rests. I hunt everything from turkeys to whitetail hunting here in Iowa to spot & stalk mule deer hunting out west and the TT is rock solid and never gave me 1 ounce of trouble.

18. Slippy

Slippy Buckeyes #1

I've tried a tko dropaway from golden key, a WB, and now I use a TT SH and love it.

19. scottg

scottg Huntin Junkie

Hostage capture rest. Full containment and no fletching contact. Cheap and no moving parts.