Lookin for a new mechanical broad head

Discussion in 'Bowhunting forum' started by Paarcher, Aug 11, 2007.

1. Paarcher

Paarcher Junior Member

Lookin to try mechanical broadheads. I currently shoot muzzy mx-4. Had great luck with them but I want a truer shooting bh. I shoot hoyt vetrix 70lb, 27 in draw, with drop zone rest, single pin sight. 100 grain tips. fuse stabilizer. I have heard alot about rage and slick tricks. Are these the best?

2. lungcutter

lungcutter Senior Member

I like the rage mechanicals. I also like the spin tite mechanicals. Im not sure that slick tricks are a mechanical head. Whatever you decide on make sure that in shoots good for you.

3. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

i was in a shop the other day and was told the Rage's had a recall on them.....

new thread time....

4. Paarcher

Paarcher Junior Member

How are those grim reaper broadheads? Any one use them?

5. lungcutter

lungcutter Senior Member

I have seen photos of deer that have been shot with them. I almost feel bad for the animals. The seem to be designed so that they wont kick out on a hard quartering away shot. But that is just my opinion.:noidea:

6. kbohunt

kbohunt are u a fat boy?

broadheads!

Try Rocket-Hammerhead!
    After shooting an animal with it!
    You wont except any other Broadhead!
    Ive shot them for about 6years now!
    No wounds! all kills!
    Nock on wood!:peace:

7. STRO

STRO get'n rid of target panic

RAGES ARE AWESOME

8. 'SIN'ERGY

'SIN'ERGY Senior Member

You would think that someone with all those posts would know that this was already talked about a few months ago:doh: :doh: :laugh:

9. Chris

Chris Administrator Staff Member

Rage...it's all the rage this year.:lol:

10. UPSTATE

UPSTATE Member

Big fan of the rocket sidewinder here.

11. phillip

phillip Hog wild

Rocket steel head XP cut on contact tip. There the best, shot a boar with 2" plate, complete pass through. nasty wound.

12. J.C.

J.C. New Member

Rocket Steelhead or Wolverine

13. BuckeyeRed

BuckeyeRed Super Member

I am giving the Rage's a go this fall, they fly great too. I couldn't pass up the 2" groups these things are putting out either.:biggrin1:

14. poorman

poorman And thats no lie !

If I were going to shoot a mechanical I think I would have to go with the two blade rage. It seems to me to be the best design out there for mechanicals. Just my opinion though.

15. nyarcher

nyarcher Member

I love the grim reapers.there a little fragile,but that's from hitting the ground from the passthrough.LOL been using them for 2 years now.

16. tek

tek Senior Member

Rage 3 blades, Rocket Steelheads, and Bear Razorheads will be in my quiver this year. I've used Razorheads and Steelheads in the past with very good results. It will be the first time for the Rage.

17. Ronhop

Ronhop RIP

I've been using NAP Spitfires with excellent success the past 2 seasons and will use them again this coming season...

Ron

18. Paarcher

Paarcher Junior Member

Thanks for all the info. Looks like rockets and rages are the broadhead of choice.

19. HoytUSA

HoytUSA New Member

I tried the rage 2 blades out last year out of my Hoyt. I am pulling about 66 lbs and have a draw length of 30 inches. I didn't get hardly an penetration when I shot deer at over 30 yards. I didn't find two of the deer I shot, I made decent shots. I have shot mechanical BHs in the past with great success. After I shot the rage I switched to the Tight Point Shuttle T-lock heads and they have yet to dissapoint. They fly like field points and I have all the confidents in the world, and that is what really matters. I hope they work good for you, they sure didn't work good for me. If you have troubles try the Tight Points, they're great heads and extremely durable.

20. Slippy

Slippy Buckeyes #1

SLICKTRICKS!!!! :rockon: