lookin for a quiver

Discussion in 'Bowhunting forum' started by olman, Mar 8, 2006.

1. olman

olman Member

I'm looking for a quiver for hunting & not sure what the best way to go is. 3,5 or 7 arrows? permanently mounted? Even an over the shoulder fanny pack style? I don't want to go top shelf but I don't want bottom either when it comes to price. since this fourm is the best place to get information I thought I would ask you for your thoughts. I will be hunting from a tree stand, still hunting and stalking, of course not all at the same time:laugh:
    thanks for your imput!!

2. bullspotter

bullspotter Senior Member

Hello olman!! I use a 4 arrow one, it is a detachable, so i can take it off my bow, its nice in tight areas to be able to take it off, like in thick brush or a treestand. Anyways its up to you and what you prefure really, but thats what i like to use!!!

3. XT4ME

XT4ME Member

I got a 5 arrow detachable. I got the det. so I aint gotta lug the heavy thing around shooting 3-d...... But my brother told me along time ago if your going hunting you should only need 1 arrow:hail:

4. XT4ME

XT4ME Member

I also thought somebody here made Quivers. I went and done a lil hunting but didnt find it I was probably looking i all the wrong places like usual but if anybody knows who im talkin about let me know cause im in the market for a hip quiver too.

5. CSS Shooter

CSS Shooter Senior Member

Quivers

I use a 3 arrow Alpine. You should really check them out. They detach and are very quite. They make different sizes ( number of arrows ) and I think they are cheap enough.

6. lungbuster

lungbuster Senior Member

give alpine a try

I have the 5 arrow alpine, Its great if you shoot with it on no noise and its easy to ake off. The price is pretty good to...

7. olman

olman Member

Hey thanks guys for the info I'll keep it in mind when I finally buy one

8. Shaman

Shaman Senior Member

Anyone shoot a ridgehunter one piece? How does it fare?

9. Shaman

Shaman Senior Member

I Initially picked up the TR 2-piece, only to find that it did not fit my Diablo and 26.75" arrows. I called TR and they gave me an RA and swapped it out for the One Piece, no questions asked. Customer service has been second to none and they are one of the few manufacturers I have seen that answer their e-mails quickly and consistently.

The quiver is SOLID. They used heavy gauge metal and set screws for the bracket and the connective bar between the hood and the arrow holder. The bracket is offset and allows plenty of space for my WB DX, and has no contact with the rest.

The quiver is low profile, and it much thinner than my previous one piece. This helps offset some of the weight of the heavy duty hardware. It will also help when hunting in a blind or packing in my case. In fact, it fits while detached in my Plano case along with my Bow without getting crushed or hitting the bow/strings.

The snug strap looks great for walking through the woods. There is some question of where it goes when you have it "off" and not behind the arrows. When you have it loaded, and one arrow out. You dont really want to re-snug it (bear hunting, etc.), and maybe I have not examined it enough to see if it snugs around the back to keep it from dangling.

It also has the Harmonic Dampening disk all their equipment comes with. Does it make a difference? I dont know.

In conclusion. The Ridge Hunter is one serious piece of equipment, designed to work in the harshest of conditions, yet be portable enough to not get in the way.