Looking for good bow around $500

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by jdw, Dec 26, 2005.

1. jdw

jdw Junior Member

I`m looking for a good bow around $500 by itself and set up w/ sight, rest quiver around $750. I'm looking at the reflex super slam and a parker phoenix 34 bows. Both shot good and feel good. I'm new to bow hunting!!! Any suggestions, are these good bows????

2. joekidd

joekidd Member

Both are good bows, and should suit you well. Buy the one that feels the best to you.

Good luck.

3. Chris

Chris Administrator Staff Member

FYI, the 2006 reflex line will be announced in about 1 week. You might want to wait a couple weeks if you want a reflex.

4. Jeff Brown

Jeff Brown Junior Member

Bow

I had the opportunity to shoot a 2006 Hoyt Powertec. I really liked it a lot. I shot one of the 2005 Powertec and didn't like the draw cycle too much, but the 2006 is pretty sweet! It goes for $499 bare bow here in St. Louis.

5. sprtslvr785

sprtslvr785 Junior Member

I sent you a private message

6. DTP_HoytTec

DTP_HoytTec Member

Hoyt never made a 2005 Powertec. Powertec is upgraded version of Hoyt's old UltraMag and Ultrasport style bows. Practically the same only with a cooler name. I would suggest looking at a 05' Hoyt Ultramag or Ultrasport. Both have great feel and are highly adjustable in finding you're comfort range. Great for hunting and indoor archery/3D.

I also agree you should wait to see the 2006 Relfex line up. I believe this is the year that Hoyt's UltraMag/Sports will hit the line up with new names.

Good luck.:)

7. Jeff Brown

Jeff Brown Junior Member

My Bad

:eek: DTP_Hoytec,

Sorry about that. I guess it was a Powertec I tried out the first time. Maybe it was a little stiff. The other one I tried out was a display at an archery shop and probably had been pulled back a few more times and broke in. I did look at the 2005 Ultramag and it is a sweet bow for sure. You can find them pretty reasonable price due to they are a 2005. Thanks for the info.

Jeff Brown

8. wbmark

wbmark Junior Member

Bow Tech

I bought my son a Justice by Bowtech and its shoots and feels great. It is supper quite and fast. I paid a little over $500 complete. If you shop around, you should be able to find a good deal. On the Bowtech web site its MSRP was for $620 or so. It is a very accurate bow, he shot a squirel at approximatly 20 yards and drilled it. My son is only 14. He use to shoot an Alpine and I don't think he would have been able to pull it off. His scores on league night have improved dramatically.

9. DTP_HoytTec

DTP_HoytTec Member

Here's my 2004 Hoyt Ultramag. Set up nicely for around $620.

HHA Sight
    NAP Dropaway 2000 RG
    Limbsaver Alpha Shox
    Beaver Balls
    Fuse Tech. 4" Hunter Stabilizer.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. 3dshooter1

3dshooter1 Junior Member

You might also want to look at the Ultra Tec you can pick up an 05 like new for around $500.