Looking to do some Texas shoots in 2016... but, can I finish any of them?

Discussion in 'Tournament Discussions' started by Clinton SAndberg, Dec 26, 2015.

1. Clinton SAndberg

Clinton SAndberg New Member

I've only been to two 3d shoots ever, both at Hill Country Bowhunters in Liberty Hill, Texas. It's tough to make those because they're always on Sundays, which are work days for me. I'd also like to get some experience shooting other events like indoor and outdoor target archery, but the schedule is once again difficult for me. I don't know much about the different governing bodies (IBO, ASA, NFAA, USAA, etc.), so maybe one or two will have dates and formats that better fit my schedule.

Currently, I work full time (M-Fr, 7:30-4:00) and I work part time in the evenings (T, W, Th) and 8+ hours on Sundays. So... I'm looking for Central Texas shooting opportunities that are either Saturday-only, or Friday evening and Saturday events. 3d, indoor target, outdoor target... whatever. Do any of those exist?

I'm trying to plan out the 2016 calendar right now, and I'm really hoping I can find a way to do some kind of shoot at least once a month in 2016.

Thanks!