Looking to upgrade my rest.....

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by kegger7676, Dec 2, 2007.

1. kegger7676

kegger7676 Junior Member

I am looking to upgrade my rest this season for 3-d any suggestions on which direction I should go. Right now I am using a hostage rest it is sorta like the wisker biscut but with 3 seperate brushes that support the arrow. I shoot Radial X weave preditor 300's and average about 1000 shots per month. This bow will be dedicated to 3-d only once I pick up a new hunting rig. Bow details in my signature below.

Thanks in advance, Great site long time reader.....

2. bullfiddle

bullfiddle Movin on up!!!

Two words....Drop away...:laugh: :laugh: :welcome: to the forum.

There are a several drop aways that are really good. Here are a few:
    Limb Driver
    Spott Hogg Whammy
    Trophy Taker Shakey Hunter
    Rip Cord

Those are the rests I am familiar with.

3. Long Draw

Long Draw Banned

hard to go wrong with a trophy taker drop away.get the pronghorn type launcher.simple,straight forward all metal design.

4. Pinwheel1969

Pinwheel1969 #1 THREAD KILLER

:amen: one of the most reliable rests on the market. I use them on all my bows... all 15. except one. I have a TT with a lizard tongue.

5. Ronhop

Ronhop RIP

Drop away is the way I would go...

NAP makes a good one too, along with the others mentioned, and if you have a Mathews bow you can use a Mathews drop away which is actually incredibly simple and very well made and works great.

Ron

6. brokenarrow

brokenarrow Evil Genius

Welcome to the forum Kegger...

I got noting to add...they pretty much said it...:cool:

7. Jay Are

Jay Are Junior Member

Upgrading a rest like most items for shooting a bow is about preference... most guys will use a drop-away while others would be using a lizard tongue type of rest. I prefer to use a lizard tongue for 3D, but have a drop away on my hunting rig. :noidea:

8. Werd

Werd Senior Member

32" draw...omg im at 28.5 i cant see another 3..shew. cant help ya. i used whisker biscuit

9. red44

red44 Senior Member

Fixed rest-Britesite pro tuner.
    Drop away- Vaportrail limb driver.

10. UltraElite 06

UltraElite 06 Vote for Pedro

For 3D you can't go wrong with the Trophy Taker spring steel rest.No moving parts nothing to fail while out on the 3D course.

11. Alpine Whisperquiet with twin ballbearings on the shaft. Don't need an arrow holder, simple to adjust, works on both regular cable guard and roller guard and best of all most places approx $50.00.

12. Long Draw

Long Draw Banned

yeah ,the Alpine is a bargain too.

13. Scablands

Scablands Member

Of my four newest bows two have QAD, one Limbdriver and one Dropzone. I like them all. For launcher rests I have a couple of Bodoodle.

14. Huya

Huya Senior Member

Qad Ultra. Cotains the arrow. Won't bounce off the shelf. easy setup and tune. Then down to the Qad hunter or RipCord. Why take a chance of the arrow falling off the rest?