Loosing 3D shoots

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by pred8er, Apr 27, 2008.

1. pred8er

pred8er He who eats fuzzy animals

Is anyone else seeing 3D shoots (or any other type of shoot for that matter) being closed? :noidea: We used to have 3 shoots a month around here (within 30 miles), but one of the clubs closed and when I was talking to the members of the other two, they were saying that there just wasn't enough participation and might have to close down too. There is another one about 80 miles away, but that's a long drive and a lot of gas. I joined one of the clubs to give a little finacial support, and am planning on joining the other next month. I also offered to come out and help set up targets at one of them. I am a little disappointed that there are not more archers out there willing to help these clubs out to keep the sport in the area.:mad:

2. Paul S.

Paul S. I do not follow!

Hell, they didn't have a shoot today in my area because its turkey season here in Ohio.:frusty: I know that the numbers have dropped off here, but if the people in charge of the shoots arn't worried about having shoots, some people might not care if they go to thier shoots when they have them. Gas prices have a lot to do with it too. People just arn't traveling. I hate to see it get worse, but I'm afraid its going to.:Cry:

3. Radar

Radar Story of my life

Our clubs numbers have dropped off from what they used to be. Our indoor 3d/ 300 round tournaments have done....alright i guess. but our outdoor we might get 40 shooters over 2days on the weekend. kinda stinks....we have somewhere between 70-80 club members and still dont get good showings for tournaments:doh:

and only the board does the work....none of the other members do a thing:frusty: I just moved up a position on the board and I am hoping to change that. you know get more members involved with THEIR club

4. brokenarrow

brokenarrow Evil Genius

We still have a full schedule here(3-4 shoots every Sunday, pretty much)but shooter numbers are low. There is alot of competition for shooters and most clubs average under 20 a shoot. A few have stopped their 3d programs and others are considering it...

5. Hook Em

Hook Em Slippy for President

We have one shoot a month at our club and had 126 last month and 90 yesterday. Hopefully we can keep it up and even grow it more! The closest club to me doesn't really even have 3d shoots anymore, but I think they are having some internal problems.

6. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

People are leading busy lives, and some people cant put gas in the tank and spend $20 at a shoot anymore....I know, gas in the tank, WAS 1 OF the reasons, why I skipped out on the shoot today.....:noidea:

7. Hook Em

I filled up the truck today.....100.00 :frusty: :frusty: :frusty: :frusty: But I just can't miss 3d shoots, too much fun!!

8. pred8er

Is that 3-4 shoots every Sunday? or 3-4 shoots every month held on Sundays? 'Cuz if you got that many shoots in one day, it makes for a long day:laugh:

I have been looking on the sight for 3D shoots in the CT area because I will be up that way mid-may and only found like 2 shoots but I don't know how well the dates match up:noidea: , guess I need to try the neighboring states since everything is so close.

9. pred8er

Paid $80 yesterday and it was only down to just above 1/8 tank. I cry everytime I drive past the station. :Cry: Seems like the price goes up $.02 every day.:frusty:

It's only going to be worse come hunting season.:mad:

10. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

I agree on the fun part, but I am on a pretty fixed income, till I get my dump truck fixed...so till then, its rabbit shows ( I can sell enough rabbits at each show to pay for gas), and cutting firewood......

11. Hook Em

yeah...mine is diesel, 4.10/gallon :puke:

12. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

YES thats 3-4 SHOOTS EVERY SUNDAY:frusty:

13. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

I think its 4.57 for deisel here.........

14. Hook Em

I hear ya...I am looking forward to the wife going back to work (in 3 more years, when the little guy starts school) so I can get a nice raise! We are going turkey hunting this weekend and it is a 250 dollar gas trip there and back. sorry, gotta do this again :puke:

15. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

Yeah that would be a definate NO for me, if i told the wife, the hunting trip was gonna be 250......she wouldnt even laugh at me......:noidea:

16. archer1983

archer1983 New Member

I sure as heck hope not around here. Its kind of hit and miss as it is.

Last winter there was so many people that you couldnt even breathe. This winter I didnt shoot a lot (mainly because of house work) but I heard the turnout was pretty bad. :(

Its time for the outdoor shoots and theres always a pretty decent turnout.

17. pred8er

OUCH! :Cry:

18. Hook Em

yeah, but of course my unit is going too! Plus I have an Uncle Sam that is sending me a nice check next week :biggrin1:

19. pred8er

I'll laugh at ya for her.....:laugh: :laugh: :lol: :lol: :pound: :pound: :spit: :spit:

Had enough?

20. pred8er

Mine told me that if I wanted money for entertainment to just take it, think she's crazy (or drunk :noidea: ):crazy: