Lots of question

Discussion in 'Beginners Archery Range' started by Darrin, Feb 15, 2008.

1. Darrin

Darrin Live from Iraq

Well here we go since this is my first post I will give you all a quick rundown.
    I am currently a Staff Sergeant in the US Army and deployed to Iraq. I used to shoot when I was back in high school I had a PSE Thunder Flight I think that was the name, that was 15+ years ago. I joined the Army straight out of school and sold my bow well I have been wanting a new bow for a while and decided to start looking and in my web searches found a Bowtech Alligiance on Ebay I bought it! My first of the many questions is did I get a good deal or not.

Here is the description: 2007 Bowtech Alligiance package LH 29" 60-70# draw weight. Bow is like new, never hunted, less than 200 shots. The bow comes with 1 dozen gold tip XT hunter arrows, three brand new rage 100gr exp. broadheads, trophy taker fallaway rest, sur-loc lethal weapon 1 fiberoptic sight with light. Also a scott sabertooth release is included and a thumper rear dampner are included.

and PIC:[​IMG]

I think my draw length is 28 how much will that slow the FPS
    Thanks

2. goldflinger

goldflinger Senior Member

:welcome: Nice set up. What did you pay for if? :peace:

3. BowhuntnHoosier

BowhuntnHoosier Bisquit.......

First off WELCOME to the forum.

Great bow and accessories you have there. Make sure you get the bow adj to your DL it will only cost you about 10fps.

I must also say "Thank you for your service protecting my freedoms":usa2:

4. QSA

QSA One eyed/Gutless wonder

need a ball park price.

5. Holy Smokes

Holy Smokes Senior Member

Hey Soldier Boy
    many a thanks from Dixie for you puttin' yor life on tha line daily for me
    My God bless and keep His great Hand of protection upon your soul:usa: :usa:

6. MoSkeeter0311

MoSkeeter0311 New Member

With out knowing the price it's hard to say if you got a good deal or not. The rig sounds like a great setup.

:welcome: :welcome: :welcome: :usa: :usa: :usa:
    Keep your head down and our prayers or with you.

7. celticgladiator

celticgladiator New Member

thanks for your service, you got a nice bow there. there are alot of variables that go into determining arrow speed, you may want to go to a shop if you get a chance and shoot thru a chrono to see what your bow is putting out but i have no doubts that you have a deer killing, turky slaying, small game destoying bow there. i got back into archery after about 15 years away too. i grew up with a bow and then shot alot while i was in the Navy with some other guys that where into archery but got out of it after i got out. last year i picked up my bow and could not believe how slow it sot compared to the new bows out there. i bought an 07 Bowtech Commander and i'm really happy with it. enjoy your new bow and thanks again for serving.:usa:

8. Darrin

Darrin Live from Iraq

Forgot to add price

Thanks for the replys so far I paid 620.

9. celticgladiator

celticgladiator New Member

sounds like a great deal!

10. bullfiddle

bullfiddle Movin on up!!!

I would say you got a good deal for 620 with all the accesories to go with it...:amen:

11. BowhuntnHoosier

BowhuntnHoosier Bisquit.......

Sounds like a steal to me.:peace:

12. brokenarrow

brokenarrow Evil Genius

Great deal...Great bow!!!

Welcome to the forum and Thank you for your service...Make sure you let everyone know over there how proud of you and grateful we are...:usa:

13. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

did you shoot it yet???

do you like it???

14. Timmer

Timmer Member

Looks like a great deal. About $350 worth of accessories alone. And a great bow to boot. Enjoy your new toy. A great big thanks for your service. :usa2:

15. Darrin

Darrin Live from Iraq

Coming home soon

Bunnyman I am still in Iraq but will be home in about 2 months I plan on shooting all summer
    :peace:

16. trussoni

trussoni Ninja Fighting Fool

First and foremost Thank You. It looks like you got a great set up at a great price.

17. cape buffalo

cape buffalo New Member

that a great deal. bow along cost 650-700 the setup would have cost you 1000-1200 easy.good luck hunting this year..post pictures if you get something..:welcome: home alot of my friends and family are still over there.

18. Rog

Rog New Member

Hey,

Thanks for your time. An ex mil myself. Get a pro shop to set your draw length, or go to the page one line to find it. There are alot. Again, Thanks for what your doing.